UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN House Administrative Associate, the UN House Receptionist provides telephone communication and general reception and information services as well as support in administrative and logistic processes in the UN House ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Receptionist displays a client-, quality- and results-oriented approach and promotes the values of United Nations.
The Receptionist works in close collaboration with the UN agencies staff located in UN House to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Scope of Work
a) Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services
b) Provision of administrative and logistical support
c) Support to UN Communication Unit maintenance of databases.
d) Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
a) Ensure the provision of front-desk service, telephone communication services and mail registration focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the UN House through the reception area:
- greet visitors with a smile and determine visitors’ needs in a professional manner;
- assist visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN and UN Agencies;
- deal tactfully with complaining and/or difficult visitors, without getting agitated or jeopardizing the image of UN;
- closely cooperate with UN House Security Guards in line with protocol and security instructions;
- follow up with colleagues if the visitors have not received the information/services requested.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol:
- answer and address incoming phone calls in a timely and polite manner, clearly determine the purpose of the call;
- screen calls before forwarding to the appropriate staff;
- deal with queries and provide clear and correct information;
- keep her-/himself informed about the developments in the UN to be able to respond to queries and requests.
- Weekly check and test of all lines of the telephone switchboard;
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair.
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage. Ensure welcoming touches in the waiting area, such as flowers and magazines, UN brochures and other materials handy.
- Manage mail:
- sort, register and distribute all incoming mail (postal, diplomatic, electronic);
- translate incoming letters, and/or other official documents;
- prepare outgoing mail for pick-up or courier; ensure financial authorization accompanies any request for express courier services and forwards to Finance unit along with the airwaybill;
- follow up with staff and customers with regard to the undelivered mail.
- Helps the Executive Associates of the Agencies located in the UN House with information, and administrative duties and acts as back-up and alternate for UNDP Executive Associate when is applicable.
- Helps the UN House Administrative Associate with information, logistic and administrative support and acts as back-up as per request.
b) Ensure the of administrative and logistical support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support to UN Agencies located in the UN House in administering the tender processes, including registration of offers, in full compliance with the latest instructions on receipt of offers. Provide clarifications and information regarding the tender procedures to interested persons/companies.
- Monitoring of the use of UN House Conference rooms/spaces. Daily keep track of booking system.
- Coordination of the requests for logistic arrangements of the events in the UN Conference Room. Support in logistic and administrative arrangements for organizing events.
c) Provide support to the UN Communication team and ensure maintenance of the most updated UN staff and other contacts information, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and update of UN staff contact information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate.
- Update of the UN House telephone list and UN Directory, as well as of the contact lists of the counterparts, including Government, Parliament, NGOs, diplomatic missions, international organizations, think tanks, NGOs, media, educational establishments, public libraries and other important contacts.
- Dissemination of major publications issued by UN House Agencies, such as the UN Magazine and other corporate key reports such as MDG Reports, HDR, NHDR, as well as Christmas cards, etc. to counterparts.
- Regular update of the distribution list of publications and documents.
d) Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in spreading of important information about UN mandate internally and externally.
- Contribute to the positive image of the organization through professional and friendly interactions at the reception.
- Participation in trainings for the operations/projects staff on relevant topics.
- Contribute to identification, documenting and drafting of best practices and lessons learned.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN House Administrative Associate, the incumbent provides telephone communication and general reception and information, as well as support in administrative and logistic processes in the UN House ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discriminationCross-Functional & Technical competencies
Business Management/Change Management:
- Ability to prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in designing and implementing organizational change.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Business Management/Customer Satisfaction/Client Management:
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers’ needs.
- Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy.
- Look for ways to add value beyon clients’ immediate requests.
- Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns.
Administration and Operations/Documents and records management:
- Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving.
Administration and Operations/Inventory management:
- Each office to ensure sufficient inventory items are available for use as well as reporting for items which are beyond the corporate threshold of $5k and above.
Administration and Operations/Registry & correspondence management:
- Ability to collect, register, maintain and deliver mail and UN pouch; ability to manage archives.
Minimum Education requirements
High School Education + 4 years of experience in Degree in economics, business administration, international relations, public administration or other related fields.
Bachelor’s Degree + 1 year of experience in economics, business administration, international relations, public administration or other
Min. years of relevant work experience
Minimum 4 years of experience with High School education or 1 (one) year with Bachelor’s Degree of relevant working experience.
Experience in administrative support.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.) is mandatory.
Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment to provide efficient delivery of service is an advantage.
Experience in an international organization is a strong advantage.
Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language is an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant a fost extins pana la: 04 June 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de reglementarea prudențială
- Norwegian Refugee Council is looking for ICLA Officer Moldova Chisinau
- Termen extins: Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unei companii sociologice în vederea elaborării studiului sociologic „Bărbații și egalitatea de gen în Republica Moldova 2024”
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Data for Impact hires High-Level Performance Management Advisor
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Legal Consultant in regulation of food service industry sector
- AO HELP angajează Comunicator/comunicatoare și relații cu publicul