UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Republic of Moldova is a middle-income country with European aspirations, in a rapidly changing environment and volatile context namely with the Ukraine armed conflict. As the operational backbone for the UN system in Moldova, UNDP operations have been instrumental in supporting specialized humanitarian agencies and delivering immediate responses to emerging needs during the time of crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic and the Ukrainian refugees’ crisis in addition to contributing to the emergency preparedness activities aiming at staff safety and security.
In this context, UNDP seeks to offer innovative development and business solutions to the Government, including innovations in program implementation support services and national capacity development support for effective business operations.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager, the Security Associate reports to UNDP Resident Representative and Deputy Resident Representative and maintains reporting line for policy and technical security direction and guidance to UNDP Security Office through the Regional Security Advisor. Works in close collaboration with personnel in the CO and Project staff in the region to share information and resolve security-related issues. In addition, works closely with UNDSS and other relevant security counterparts.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
• Security information collection and communication
• Development and implementation of Security Plan and Security SOP
• Security Risk Management
• Reporting security incidents
• Assistance of CO Senior Management
• Enhancing security awareness
1.) Assists in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country:
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation;
• Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for UNDP operations and programmatic activities;
• Communicates information on security to the UNDP management and provides host country security advice to UNDSS, as required;
• Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
• Provides technical assistance at SC, and SMT meetings.
2.) Assists in maintaining the Security Plan and security SOP, including updating staff lists:
- Provides inputs to the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan for the area;
• Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as required;
• Assists with developing, updating and implementing of Security SOP;
• Provides security inputs for BCP development and testing.
3.) Assists Resident Representative in monitoring compliance with country-specific Security Risk Management (SRM) prevention and mitigation measures.
- Assists with the compilation of data required for the Security Compliance Survey
• Assists with/Conducts the security risk assessments (SRA) for UNDP premises including common premises and events.
• Provides guidelines for security guards on security-related procedures.
4.) Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UNDP personnel, offices, and assets in the area, and prepares an initial draft of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report for the attention of UNDP Management and UNDSS.
- Acts as focal contact point in case of accidents that involve UNDP vehicles.
5.) Provides overall assistance to CO Senior Management:
- Prepares and maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents;
• Provides requested Administrative and Logistical support;
• Maintains a database of contact details in relation to the host country/area and de-facto security authorities.
• Maintains, updates and tests regularly telephone tree and database of wardens in the Country Office.
6.) Provides support to enhancing security awareness:
- Organizes and conducts training courses on security awareness and preparedness;
• Provides security orientation to newly assigned staff members;
• Conducts security briefings, as required;
• Provides instructions for reception/security guards on security-related procedures for the handling of visitors, mail, and telephone calls.
7.) Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the CO Senior Management such as:
- Conducts security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences (Residential Security Measures - RSM) of UNDP international personnel, as well as on the latest trends and threats to staff safety and security;
• Establishes and maintains Warden system and keeps updated on information related to UNDP offices and residences in the area;
• Assists in the implementation of the Pass and ID system for UNDP personnel.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: n/a
• Secondary education with specialized training and/or experience in security field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Security Management, Social sciences, or another relevant field is desired, but it is not a requirement.
- Certification in the security field is desired, but it is not a requirement.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Secondary Education with 6 years of relevant experience in security or related field
• Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of relevant experience in security or related field.
• Knowledge of host country safety codes.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Fluency in English, Romanian is required.
• Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language will be an asset.
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
Core : Full list of UNDP Core Competencies can be found here
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Thematic Area Name Definition
Business Management Customer Satisfaction/Client Management Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfill and understand the real customers’ needs
Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy
Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests
Ability to participate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
Security Services Security advice, planning and coordination Ability to provide with authoritative advice and guidance on security management, plan and coordinate security activities
Security Services Security training Ability to design, contribute to, and/or facilitate meaningful security training programmes/courses
Security Services Physical/premises security design, implementation, and management Ability to conduct accurate premises assessments on UN facilities to ensure appropriate mitigation measures are in place. Ability to design, support the implementation and test physical security systems for UNDP premises
Security Services Security crisis management & response Knowledge of crisis management and response arrangements as well as the ability to prepare for, respond to, support/manage security crisis events
Security Services Security risk management Ability to assess threats and risks, identify and oversee implementation of mitigation measures, including ability to design and test security plans
Security Services Security incident management & monitoring Ability to provide an adequate response to security incidents/events
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 8 March 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: http://bit.ly/3k4B2Tg
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Pestalozzi Children's Foundation from Moldova is looking for the Project Officer Emergency/Education 60-80%
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy 'Engineer for Barnahus-type services'
- The U.S. Embassy is hiring a Housing Coordinator
- AAH is looking for a Logistics Assistant
- UNFPA Programme Associate, Chisinau, Moldova, FTA, GS-7
- Project Assistant, Case Management, Adjudications (IOM Moldova)
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Security Guard (NPSA3) - Common Services Account Project
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care