With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local - Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
This position is based in Moldova
- Contribute to cross-functional planning activities to support clusters, regions and projects.
- Support development of consolidated annual procurement plan and implementation plan.
- Proactively work on the implementation plan to initiate strategic sourcing activities in timely manner
- Develop a sourcing strategy after analyzing internal spend and external supply market.
- Establish vendor selection criteria to guide the evaluation for their pre-qualification.
- Conduct vendor evaluation to identify potential vendors and develop negotiations plans.
- Facilitate the selection of pre-qualified vendors.
- Monitor market and vendors’ performance.
- Ensure timely processing of procurement requests within acceptable lead times.
- Receive and review purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy, and identify sources of supply if needed.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requisitions for technical items, works and/or services have been validated by the technical lead for specification accuracy.
- Perform sourcing event in alignment with WV or donor policy.
- Ensure the specifications for goods, works and services are clear and complete, and budget is available for the purchase request before the purchasing process is initiated.
- Issue tenders and provide analysis of tenders and include technical recommendations for Procurement Committee.
- Lead negotiations with vendors and ensure that savings are realized.
- Screen the selected vendor through Watchdog against the blocked party list (or sanctions list).
- Generate Purchase Order or Blanket Purchase Order from selected and approved suppliers.
- Maintain all documentation relating to conducted sourcing event.
Procurement Committee Secretariat
- Plan for Procurement Committee on regular basis.
- Recommend bid evaluation methods and prepare bid analysis reports for consideration by the Procurement Committee.
Act as secretary to the Procurement Committee.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- knowledge of UN cluster system, and government structures.
- Understanding of interagency standards such as Sphere Humanitarian Standards, IASC, Core humanitarian standards, Human rights principles, MISP, Mental Health Guidelines, Gender guidelines,
- Ability to analyse and report on Supply Chain Management and financial metrics
- Strong understanding of market analysis, supplier performance evaluation, supplier development and management
- Well organized, with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to priorities
- Critical thinking and innovative, with an ability to research, analyze and evaluate components of supply chain processes
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Education/Credentials: University Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Law, Business Administration, IT, Economics or related field.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience: at least 2 years’ Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management Previous experience of INGO work.
- Experience working with conflict-affected populations, including Host comunity and Refugees. Management experience and skills (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers)
TRAVEL AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENT
- Up to 20 Per Cent domestic travel.
- Native Romanian/Russian, Moldovan citizen, Excellent English, Romanian and Russian communication skills (oral and written).
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Contact us, in case you have additional questions: 060170140- World Vision Moldova Admin
Please, if you think you’re suitable for this position, click on APPLY
Also please open this from your computer.