Position: Procurement Specialist
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity Program (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: June 2022 – April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Ensure and perform timely competitive procurements for all goods and services on the program in compliance with USAID regulations and Nathan Associates policies and practices on procurements and subcontracts, under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, as shall include at minimum:
- Work with program staff in development of the requests for proposals (RFPs) and request for quotations (RFQs) for a proper competitive procurement processes;
- Work with Program team members, as needed, to identify potential subcontractors and vendors for publicizing and distributing RFPs and RFQs;
- Manage procurement evaluation and award, with the procurement process duly documented;
- Prepare purchase order agreements and other procurement agreements, amendments as necessary, in agreement with the Director of Program Operations and ensure documentation is complete;
- Manage awarded agreements and ensure receipt of deliverables and compliant completion as per the agreement terms;
- Maintaining a tracking system for procurement processes and awards;
- Identify potential vendors, develop and maintain a program’s database of potential vendors;
- Research and analyze goods and services available as need be;
- Anticipate any difficulties and report any breaches in procurement to the Director of Program Operations;
- Support Office Manager with inventory management;
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Director of Program Operations that are consistent with this Scope of Work and the general requirements of the project.
The Procurement Specialist will report to the Director of Program Operations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least four (4) years of experience in similar roles;
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, political science, finance, economics or a related field required. Masters preferred;
- Strong knowledge of procurement principles;
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Proven capability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural business environment;
- Strong written and verbal English and Romanian skills; and
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications (if applicable):
- Understanding of international development purposes, approaches and players;
- Experience working with USAID in some capacity.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for Procurement Specialist” in the subject line. Please apply by June 5, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.