Job Title:Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Coordinator
The project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, Optim-Opportunities through technologies and innovation - is pleased to announce an opening for the position of MRM specialist in the frame of the economic development project.
The Optim project is implemented by Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation. The employee will be contracted by Helvetas Moldova, the representation of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation based in Chisinau.
The project is in its first 4-year phase until the end of 2022, with the possible extension for another phase.
Short information about the project
The project “Opportunities through technologies and innovation in Moldova”- Optim is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), launched in Moldova in 2019. The project aims at supporting the economic development in the Republic of Moldova. Its primary objective is to bring improved employment and income opportunities for Moldovan women and men.
The approach applied by the project is called market systems development (MSD). This approach implies understanding the constraints faced by people in accessing or using services and products that could enable them to find a job or to generate income. The Optim project addresses these constraints by working with the existing stakeholders in the market. The approach builds on the available resources while focusing on the missing functions of the local business environment.
The project works through two sectors: agriculture and food processing and information and communication technologies (ICT), since the two sectors are important for the Moldovan economy in terms of their economic significance and their potential for creating economic opportunities.
Monitoring and results measurement
Following the MSD approach, the Optim project is not working directly with people, therefore it is essential for the project to understand how and to what extent has it achieved an impact on people and their economic opportunities. The project needs to constantly and rigorously assess the effectiveness of its interventions and continuously adapt strategies with the support of comprehensive Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) system that creates a credible attribution between interventions and impact.
The monitoring and results measurement system of the Optim project is structured in coherence with the eight elements of the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) standard for Measuring Achievements in Private Sector Development projects.
For more please refer to: http://enterprise-development.org/.
The candidate applying for this position is required to familiarize herself/himself with the approach described above and lead on the Monitoring and results measurement system with the project facilitation unit to ensure the critical analysis of the progress of the project, results, and projections, as well as ensure documentation of credible and attributable results.
The following are the key tasks but not limited to:
- Lead on the implementation and improvement of a functioning MRM system according to the project’s MRM manual (which uses the DCED Standard as guidance), and plan and coordinate necessary activities within the team and in coordination with the project management.
- Analyse and aggregate all quantitative and qualitative MRM data and information from interventions at the project level for steering and reporting purposes, advise the project management and team based on the evaluation of this information, and contribute to the stimulation of an active and critical strategic discourse.
- Build the capacity of staff in MRM and support the team (in particular the intervention managers/sector coordinators) as per their needs. This includes trainings/workshops, meetings on specific interventions/topics, one-on-one coaching/guidance, punctual advice etc.
- Contribute to preparation and provision of communication material short case studies, short project/activity description, success stories etc., whenever requested.
- Initiate and lead on necessary surveys, studies, and sector assessments to understanding the impact of the project on the target group whenever necessary.
- Ensure clear and transparent planning of monitoring and results measurement activities necessary to understand the impact and learn from the interventions to ensure the project is on track with its strategies and goals.
- Ensure that all internal/external reporting respects the standard formats and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to process and synthesize findings in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated and results driven person with the ability to work effectively independently and in the team
- Fluent in Romanian, English, and Russian
- Excellent writing skills
- Prior experience in a similar position is desired
- Knowledgeable about DCED standard is an asset
- Ability to conduct qualitative research
Education and experience
- University degree in economics, business studies, or similar
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in similar positions/fields of work
Please indicate at least two contacts for references in your CV or application.
The willing candidates must submit their CV and motivation letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. References will be checked and candidates will undergo basic tests until the final interview.
Application Deadline: 15th of May 2021