The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a contractor to conduct a legal assessment of the relevant Moldovan legislation and develop draft amendments to facilitate the exchange of trade-related electronic data through the CEFTA “Systematic Exchange of Electronic Data” (SEED/SEED+) within its “Support to the Republic of Moldova to connect to SEED+” project.
For the Terms of Reference and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: email@example.com indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than July 27, 2021 time 17:00.
The objective of the assignment is to conduct a legal assessment of and provide draft amendments to the relevant Moldovan legislation related to the implementation of the commitments under the CEFTA Treaty Additional Protocol 5 and the exchange of Customs data under SEED/SEED+.
To achieve the objective the contractor shall perform the following tasks:
- Conduct a legal assessment and mapping of all relevant Moldovan legislation related to the use of the functionalities of the SEED system, the implementation of the Additional Protocol 5 of the CEFTA Treaty, and the future use of the SEED+ system
- Identify gaps, contradictions and overlaps of relevant legislation and give clear recommendations on the amount and level of necessary legal amendments
- Based on the priorities of the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure, the Ministry of Finance, the Customs Service and in coordination with their legal departments, elaborate selected legal amendments necessary for the implementation of SEED/SEED+ in Moldova. Draft legal amendments need to be accompanied informative notes;
- Analyze existing bilateral MoUs between the Republic of Moldova and CEFTA Parties regulating the exchange of trade-related data
- If applicable and necessary, elaborate draft bilateral MoUs to be signed between the Republic of Moldova and other CEFTA Parties as well as draft MoUs at national level between involved public institutions exchanging trade-related data
This assignment will require a specialized expert with the following qualifications:
- University Degree in law or another related field;
- At least 5 years of general work experience in the field of Customs legislation;
- Extensive knowledge of the Moldovan legal framework, especially trade-related and Customs legislation;
- Specific work experience in the field of CEFTA and/or EU harmonisation is a strong advantage
- Proven experience in conducting analyses and elaborating reports as well as in drafting legal documents, preferably in the area of Customs/cross-border trade
- Experience in working with the Moldovan Customs Service is a strong advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate with national institutions, stakeholders and beneficiaries, address complex issues and find compromises in difficult situations;
- Language skills: business fluency in Romanian is required; fluency in English a strong advantage
The successful bids shall include:
1. Original detailed financial offer : gross daily rate in MDL and a total amount for per up to 30 workdays of assignment, for the period of August 2021 - April 2022 corresponding to the activities proposed for implementation and requirements established in the ToR received (in a separate document);
2. Technical offer containing (in a separate document):
- Cover letter;
- List of references (incl. contact data) proving experience in analysing and drafting Customs legislation and other trade-related legal experience
Bids evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical offer (including expert experience, capacity to perform as required, CV) and 30% for the financial offer.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova.
Applications shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org showing the tender number 83386325 and subject on it, not later than July 30, time 17.00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.