The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a contractor to support the Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure in elaboration of the analysis of competitiveness of local products, within its “Economic Policy Advice to the Moldovan Government” project.
For the Terms of Reference and eventual questions, please address a message to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the tender number in the message title, not later than May 14, 2021 time 17:00.
The objective of the assignment is to elaborate a Study on mechanisms to increase Moldova’s competitiveness in selected sectors. The study should clearly indicate Moldova’s competitive disadvantages in terms of costs and provide recommendations both generally applicable and specific to the assessed product and service groups.
To achieve the objective the contractor shall perform the following tasks:
- The expert is expected to conduct both desk research and interviews with relevant stakeholders;
- Analyze selected groups of products and services (preliminarily defined), the cost structure of each group will need to be broken down and compared against that of at least one competitor country in at least one target market;
- Elaborate a Study on mechanisms to increase Moldova’s competitiveness in selected sectors and deliver a presentation to the project partner.
The expert should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, law or another related field;
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience related to economic policies, competitiveness, external trade, quality infrastructure etc.;
- Proven experience in conducting analyses, researches and elaborating reports and studies;
- Ability to effectively communicate with state institutions, stakeholders and beneficiaries, address complex issues and find compromises in difficult situations;
- Language skills: business fluency in Romanian is required and basic English is preferred.
The successful bids shall include:
- Original detailed financial offer in MDL, gross amount (in a separate document) per up to 45 expert days for a period May 2021-August 2021;
- Technical offer containing (in a separate document):
- Cover letter;
- Detailed CV with relevant expertise.
Bids evaluation will be performed based on the ratio 70% for the technical offer and 30% for the financial offer.
All personal data are for the internal use of GIZ; confidentiality guaranteed.
Applicants shall be residents of the Republic of Moldova.
Applications shall be submitted via email to email@example.com showing the tender number 83380116 and subject on it, not later than May 19, time 17:00.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, as well as incomplete applications will not be considered. Financial offers containing other currency than Moldovan Lei, will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise or cancel this tender.