IREX Moldova vacancy - Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Specialist will oversee the program’s complex Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning plan and approach, which includes ensuring the program is collecting, analyzing, and sharing quality data accurately and effectively, tracking progress and reporting on indicators, and managing the program’s learning strategy. This position will also assist staff in use, development and/or enhancement of MEL systems and tools.
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a program administered by IREX and funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The program’s purpose is to a) improve the capacity of local authorities, including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, and b) build on this work with localities to improve the functionality of fiscal, administrative and political arrangements between the central and local governments to improve public services for residents of Moldova and increase their trust in public sector institutions.
Key to this position will be revitalizing and fostering an environment that advances learning among Comunitatea Mea staff, implementing partners, and other stakeholders. In conjunction with the Program team leads, the Senior MEL Specialist will identify ways to reduce knowledge sharing barriers (e.g., through application of e-sharing and learning tools, such as outcome mapping, social network analyses, creation of Communities of Practice) and move staff from their current ‘activity focused’ orientation to more holistic project and program management approaches, including peer and cross-office learning interactions.
Your Background & Skills
- Moldova residency/work authorization is required.
- BA degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 7 years of experience managing monitoring, evaluation, and learning for a large USAID or other donor-funded program.
- Experience developing monitoring and evaluation products for USAID or other donors.
- Experience with USAID’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) methodology and approaches.
- Experience engaging a program team with data reviews as well as after-action reviews and other learning activities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in data analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative results.
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral presentation skills.
- Experience with US government project report writing and editing.
- Prior experience with a USAID-funded program preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-cultural skills required.
- Demonstrate leadership, integrity, and versatility.
- Demonstrate computer skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint). Strong Excel and online data management experience.
- Experience creating infographics, graphs, charts, tables and/or other graphics for presenting data.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and proficiency in Romanian or Russian required.
- Demonstrate knowledge in local laws and donors’ procurement policies.
- Demonstrate high attention to details.
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and assist colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Your Daily Tasks
- Manage approved Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan and facilitate updates as appropriate in cooperation with Chief of Party and program staff.
- Support effective relations and coordination with program donor on MEL related issues, including presenting data and outcomes to USAID when relevant.
- Develop and/or coordinate the design and utilization of M&E management systems, data collection tools, and baseline assessment.
- Ensure and coordinate regular monitoring of program activities and oversee data quality.
- Provide capacity-building and coaching for program staff and CM partners in all aspects of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL).
- Prepare data summaries, data analyses, and reports in support of team learning, donor reporting, and IREX requirements.
- Oversee work of MEL consultants and contractors. Ensure quality of the submitted deliverables.
- Analyze M&E data and results to determine impact of program activities and progress towards achieving goals and objectives.
- Lead development and implementation of the program’s learning agenda and activities to ensure continued programmatic improvements and iteration, including after-action reviews, data reviews, and learning retrospectives using IREX templates.
- Support CoP/DCoP to plan junctures at which after action reviews, data reviews, and other learning activities need to take place to support project.
Submit your application to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1065INRE/JobBoard/86f30819-0126-446a-84bb-cf37a5e878c1/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=fb42c61a-d61b-43c3-86a6-5d8d0ffba9ec
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Fundația Soros Moldova angajează Ofițer/Ofițeră de Programe în domeniul Justiției
- Concurs de selectare a unui psiholog și a unui jurist/avocat în domeniul prevenirii violenței asupra femeilor în etate
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Assistant Education and Psychosocial Support
- UNDP Moldova: Procurement Associate (NPSA7) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de șef al direcției conformitate
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- CRS Moldova is hiring Senior Project Officer Small Repairs
- Request of Expressions of Interest - Individual consultant for development of an operational guidance on decentralization and rapid initiation of HIV testing and treatment based on Moldova experience
- WeWorld Moldova is looking for English Teachers