UNDP Moldova: Driver/Administrative Clerk (NPSA-3) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme (EU - funded)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme is based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favour of the Republic of Moldova and is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme.
The overall objective of the five-year Programme is to strengthen the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through smart, green, inclusive, sustainable and integrated local socio-economic growth as well as by improving the standards of living of the citizens in the focal regions of Cahul and Ungheni.
To this end, this Programme will address also the urban-rural divide as well as regional disparities, stimulate economic growth and job creation, refurbish and upgrade some social and technical infrastructure in selected areas (smaller towns and villages) while taking into account climate change and a gender perspective in the activities of the Programme.
1. To strengthen transparency, accountability of local public authorities and citizen participation in local governance processes in the focal regions,
2. To improve citizens' access to quality public services and utilities in the focal regions,
3. To create employment opportunities for men and women in the focal regions and improve the attractiveness of the focal regions for investors and entrepreneurs,
4. To promote the smart specialization of the economy of the focal regions through the development of the clustering and value chain approach in key economic sectors.
The programme objectives will be achieved through measures targeted at: (i) capacity building to support the implementation and monitoring of local economic development plans; (ii) civil society engagement in local planning, governance processes and basic social service delivery; (iii) provision of investment funding in support of the creation and/or development of social and technical infrastructure which, combined with the outcomes from interventions (i) and (ii) above, will have an immediate, visible and tangible impact on employment creation, the standard of living of the population in the focal regions.
Scope of Work
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Summary of duties:
• Provision of reliable and secure driving services.
• Proper use of vehicle
• Day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
• Admin/clerical support
Car driving and maintenance:
• Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for other related repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.;
• Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of monthly summary of fuel consumption and report to Programme Manager;
• Provide reliable and safe driving services by:
a) driving Programme vehicles for the transport of UNDP and Programme staff and visitors;
b) delivery / collection of mail, documents, cargo, pouch and other items;
c) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
• Ensure safe and timely driving for field trips in- or out-side the country;
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
• Ensure that all relevant UNDP rules and regulations are met if involved in an accident.
• Provide support to the Programme Assistant in performing registry-related duties, such as photocopying and archiving correspondence/programme files;
• Distribute the programme correspondence/material, mails and programme documents;
• Provide logistical support to Programme Assistant to the organization and preparation of workshops, meetings and events, travel and accommodation arrangements for programme personnel/consultants;
• Assist Programme Assistant in obtaining quotations for vehicle repairs/servicing;
• Be responsible for the office security;
Maintenance of files and records relevant to the programme;
• Perform minor renovation works in the programme office;
• Other duties as assigned.
Direct supervisor: Finance Coordinator
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Finance Coordinator and Programme Manager and under overall supervision of the relevant UNDP CO Programme staff, the incumbent assists in the effective and efficient management of the project through a range of actions, including driving and administrative support management. The employee applies and promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Thematic Area Name Definition
Business Management Customer Satisfaction/Client Management Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfill and understand the real customers’ needs
Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy
Look for ways to add value beyond clients’ immediate requests
Ability to participate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
Administration and Operations Registry and correspondence management Ability to collect, register, maintain and deliver mail and UNDP pouch; ability to manage archives
Administration and Operations Vehicle management Knowledge of policy and procedures on fleet management
Administration and Operations Events Management (including retreats, trainings and meetings) Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc.
Administration & Operations Documents and records management Overall document (hard or electronic) management; registry and retention policy including storing and archiving
Security Services Safety management (including Air, Road, Fire) Knowledge of air, road, fire safety programmes/systems and ability to assess and identify mitigation measures
Minimum Qualifications of the Successful NPSA
Min. Education requirements
• Secondary Education.
• Valid driver’s license.
Min. years of relevant work experience
• At least three (3) years of professional driving experience in short and long road driving with safe driving records
• Experience in administrative work, preferably in an international organization is desired
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol.
• Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues.
• Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section • Excellent interpersonal skills are essential part of the job. Ability to communicate effectively and be efficient.
• Focuses on result for the client.
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
• Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
• Fluency in oral and written Romanian and Russian.
• Working knowledge of English is required.
• Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Vacancy End Date: 26 December 2022
To apply please address the link: https://bit.ly/3YeVWyp
Alte anunturi de angajare
- USAID MISRA is looking for a local legal customs expert for drafting new customs procedures re modification of customs declarations
- An expert to support to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development on policy aspects related to transport logistics from the prospective of EU integration agenda, under the MSME Competitiveness Project
- A.O.”Cimișlienii de pretutindeni” anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui Expert în desfășurarea atelierelor pentru ”Îmbunătățirea abilităților de participare în procesul decizional a locuitorilor din satele Bogdanovca Veche, Bogdanovca Nouă și Dimitrovca
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza Specialist politici egalitate de gen și drepturile femeilor
- USAID MISRA is looking a team of two Software (Python) Developers for upgrade of the Open Data portal
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a Security Guard
- Receptionist (G2) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - Enhancing democracy in Moldova through inclusive and transparent elections (phase II) Project
- USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reform Activity (MISRA) is hiring an Impact Assessment Expert (further Consultant)
- Apel de selectare a unui expert/grup de experți pentru crearea și desfășurarea Acceleratorului Start-up Lab pentru tineri antreprenori în cadrul proiectului Youth4Entrepreneurship