Start date: as soon as possible
Contract type: Fixed contract for 18 months
This is a full-time position with Tdh, based either in Budapest, Hungary; Chisinau, Moldova; or Bucharest, Romania with a local employment contract, reporting to the Online Platform Manager of the project (based in Hungary) and will be part of the regional team.
Location: Chișinău, R. Moldova.
The applicant must have a valid work permit to work in the desired country and reside either in Hungary, Moldova or Romania.
WHAT WE DO IN EUROPE AND HUNGARY
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency, founded in 1960. The Headquarters (HQ) are in Lausanne, Switzerland. We are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world's most vulnerable children. We are currently active in 30 countries (in Europe, Africa, Asia, Middle East and Latin America). In 2021, we directly supported 2 million children and members of their families and communities, and 3.1 million were indirectly supported. Our projects focus on child protection, mother and child health, migration, access to justice for children, and emergency relief.
Develop and implement a regional communication strategy:
- Based on the Hub communication priorities, lead the development of a regional communication strategy and corresponding implementation plan together with national representatives, preferably linking into regional civil society networks, and in line with the existing RSH brand
- Propose outreach strategies, contribute to discussions about outreach activities and harness regional safeguarding networks to popularise the RSH website and newsletter and other activities (e.g. webinars, Ask an expert, mentorship, etc.)
- Support the promotion of the activities of the Hubs with communication and promotion
- Engage with regional MEL advisor as relevant to ensure appropriate data collection and reporting.
- Manage, oversee, and facilitate the effective uploading, tagging and formatting of content for the platform directly and including from partners
- Digital media creation of easy-to-read, user friendly and accessible materials, guidance and information (infographics, videos, podcast) – in cooperation with team members. All materials need to be fully accessible for people with disabilities
Social media management:
- Copywriting and graphics creation
- User outreach, retention and active engagement
- Use the learning from user engagement and user feedback to continuously inform and suggest improvements to the Online Hub and its communication strategies
Education and Qualifications
Degree level / post-graduate qualification in a relevant discipline such as Journalism, Digital Communications, International Development or Communications
- Native level or high proficiency of English language
- Fluency in either Romanian or Polish
- Significant experience in managing digital / online communication projects
- Ability to use Adobe Suites (in particular Photoshop, Indesign) and video editing
- Ability to manage technical partners/consultants
- Excellent organizational and stakeholder management skills
- Team player with a constructive, client-centric attitude
- Expertise in drafting and implementation of communication strategies
- Experience of managing complex projects with multiple stakeholder.
Journalism experience, experience of developing / engaging online networks and working in international development, especially FCDO-funded projects
- Commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative and articulate
- Flexible, collegial, non-hierarchical style
- Tactful and diplomatic
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV and motivation letter in English to the following address: Chisinau, N. Iorga str. No.6, ap.3, MD-2009 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Regional Communications and Content Manager, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
*** Tdh offers equal opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, faith, colour, religion, gender, marital status, political affiliations. ***
Due to an anticipated high number of applications, Tdh is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.