Job Announcement: Project Assistant for EU-funded Project
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Application Deadline: 12 June 2022
Starting date: 1 July 2022, negotiable
Expected Duration of Assignment: up to 20 months, full time position
“Institutum Virtutes Civilis” (IVC) is a national, non-profit, non-political organization registered in 2017 in the Republic of Moldova by a group of dedicated, enthusiastic and talented professionals to contribute to the development of the rule of law and to promote participatory democracy.
IVC implements programs that promote the social inclusion of different marginalized categories of the population (women, young people, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities), develops advocacy campaigns on the topics of activity, participates in national and international platforms promoting human rights, dialogue for inclusion, negotiations for peace, as well as contributing to the education of citizens of different ages for active citizenship.
IVC is seeking to extend its team with a Project Assistant to assist with the implementation of an EU project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of Project Assistant may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity with the project action plans and expected results;
- Provide assistance in the day-to-day implementation of the Project to the Project Team Leader and Coordinator;
- Support formal and informal communications in compliance with the EU and project requirements as well as with the national legislation; proper stewardship of project resources, and ensure project operational effectiveness;
- Facilitate communication with all members of the project team, including the implementing partner organizations, project stakeholders and government representatives;
- Prepare and distribute outgoing communications products including, but not limited to formal correspondence/letters/agreements, project fact sheets, minutes of the meetings etc.;
- Compile data, perform data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes and support the knowledge management and programmatic file storage of the Project
- Provide assistance in delivery of activities on the ground, ensure communication with project beneficiaries, including the project grantees;
- Support travel and logistics arrangements for staff and visitors. Schedule and coordinate appointments. Provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities;
- Assist with the visibility of Project activities, etc.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Good knowledge and understanding of gender equality, good governance and civil society issues
- Ability to work with figures, undertake basic research and gather information from standard sources
- Experience of working for the non-governmental sector
- Experience in working with state stakeholders at national and local level
- High level of accuracy in work
- Strong drafting, presentation and reporting skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in projects financed by EU or other international agencies is in an advantage.
- University degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, business administration, public administration, management, economic studies, marketing, international relations, or journalism;
- Working experience of minimum 1 year in an office environment in a clerical or administrative role. Experience with local or international NGOs /companies and projects is an advantage;
- Experience with data entry into online databases and forms;
- Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) and information management systems. Proficient in Word and Excel;
- Experience designing communications products such as fact sheets, newsletters, blogs and social media posts is a strong advantage;
- Strong desire to learn and grow and be part of social development in Moldova;
- Fluent in Romanian, English and Russian languages;
- Flexibility to work outside the normal working hours and able to travel across the country for periodic field visits.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
To apply for the job, interested individuals must submit the following documents/information:
- Cover letter explaining why the individual considers him/ herself suitable for the position;
- CV, including information about past experience in similar positions and 2 references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A competitive salary goes with the position.
Please send your applications not later than June 12, 2022 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Application for Project Assistant.
IVC reserves the right to select one or more candidates with regard to this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with IVC at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
Only preselected candidates will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant al Direcției FinTech
- CIDP ANIMA// Angajare_Mentori_Program coaching tineri antreprenori CATalizator economic
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal politici macroprudențiale
- Product Manager (Agricultură)
- People in Need Moldova is hiring a Livelihood Project Manager ( Bălți )
- Financial Manager: "Construction of Balti and Cahul Regional Hospitals" Project
- An expert to support to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development on policy aspects related to transport logistics from the prospective of EU integration agenda, under the MSME Competitiveness Project
- Internews în Moldova caută un coordonator/o coordonatoare pentru tabăra fotografică National Geographic Photo Camp 2023 (RO/RU)
- AO ”Părinți Solidari” angajează jurist/juristă