Systems Administrator for the Pre-Vetting Evaluation Commission
Deadline for Applications – May 16, 2022 @ 18:00
1 position will be filled
USAID has awarded Dexis Consulting Group a task order to provide technical assistance to “Support the Pre-Vetting Secretariat” (SPVS). Assistance in the SPVS program will consist of the establishment and support of a Secretariat responsible for the investigation, analysis, and review of the integrity of candidates to the self-governing bodies of judges and prosecutors – the Superior Council of Magistracy (SCM) and the Superior Council of Prosecutors (SCP), respectively. Authority for the pre-vetting process is embedded in the Law 26/2022. The pre-vetting decisions are conducted by an independent Evaluation Commission (EC) made up of three (3) national and three (3) international members. The EC will be supported by the Secretariat consisting of twenty-one (21) staff members performing technical and administrative roles who are led by a Head of Secretariat and Senior Coordinator. The overarching goal of USAID’s support and Dexis’s task order is the establishment of the Pre-Vetting Secretariat as fully operational, understanding its role and processes, and with the ability to prepare documents in accordance with the Pre-vetting law and within all established timelines. Selected candidates will be offered contracts in one of three classification categories based on the assessment of the selection panel.
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- All job offers will be contingent upon successfully passing a background check from the National Anti-Corruption Centre (NAC) and three professional references.
- Those offered employment may take a leave of absence and/or suspend their contractual obligations from their current place of work for the duration of this contract but may not be actively engaged with, nor paid by, any other organization during the contract
The Systems Administrator will report to the Head of Secretariat and will support the Secretariat to ensure the smooth, continuous, and efficient use of technology including:
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support within the organization;
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining software and hardware components of computer and network systems;
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues;
- Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing, upgrading monitoring, and maintaining antivirus and firewall software;
- Monitoring and maintaining the wireless network systems;
- As directed by the Head of Secretariat, and/or their designee, coordinate with the IT representatives of national, international and/or private entities to facilitate automated exchange of, or access to, data and documents.
- As directed by the Head of Secretariat, and/or their designee, coordinate providing training about network security and best computer usage practices.
- 3 or more years of experience in a high-paced, quality-driven IT environment;
- Proven proficiency in the working of servers, networks, computers, and peripherals
- Knowledge of system security and procedures for protecting an organization’s data from intrusion or corruption;
- Knowledge about hardware and software configurations;
- Ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision;
- Proven ability troubleshooting, creative and technical problem-solving skills;
- Proven ability to work in a large team environment;
- Excellent communication and customer support skills;
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and a current CV to: email@example.com and should note “Moldova Sys Admin” in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.