Position: Transport and Logistics Specialist
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: June 2022 – April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Transport and Logistics Specialist will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Develop a baseline model for measuring the cost to move goods across the borders/corridors selected by the project, including determination of the components of total logistics costs and definitions of cost components;
- Analyze linkages with the baseline model and reported analyzes for measuring the time to move goods across borders/corridors, which will be conducted in parallel with this statement of work;
- Develop a methodology and plan for collecting cost data and work with the team to conduct and report on the baseline analysis of cost data;
- Identify hidden costs which have not been previously applied in corridor studies in the region and estimate the total logistics costs;
- Conduct quantitative analysis of the economic costs of inefficiency and variability in the transport/logistics system, and develop prioritized recommendations to substantially reduce these economic costs;
- Analyze linkage between different trade facilitation strategies and their possible impact on total logistics costs, to guide policy dialogue;
- Review the consolidated analyses and in collaboration with the MISRA team and USAID, develop a methodology to support sustainable corridor performance monitoring within the region.
- Develop and present a strategic framework that assists with identification of the optimal corridors/s to conduct corridor monitoring. The strategic framework shall include description of capacity building activities surrounding use of the corridor performance monitoring methodology be end-user or host institution/s, and ensure analytical findings can be used to generate “roadmap” or advocacy documents.
The Transport and Logistics Specialist will report to the Component 2 Lead – Structural Reforms.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in relevant field as a minimum;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in supply chain logistics, cross border management, and trade facilitation strategies and technical assistance;
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical supply chain and transport logistics and trade facilitation issues;
- Familiarity working with monitoring and evaluation data collection and systems essential; and
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Fluency in English. Strong analytical and communication capabilities.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for Transport and Logistics Specialist” in the subject line. Please apply by June 12, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.