The digital transformation is already a reality in Moldova, as the country has begun to transfer legal, social and civil service delivery online. Accelerated digitalization can be expected to create new business models and opportunities for digital leapfrogging in traditional industries and governance.
The COVID-19 crisis has highlighted the need for significant support and investments on digital transformation and effective digital governance, particularly to ensure the continuity and delivery of core government functions.
The pandemic has revealed the lack of preparedness of the public sector to quickly adapt policies and tools due to lack and low quality of data; to work remotely and online, including in delivery of social services in education, health, mobility and other sectors for specific population groups; and to adapt the performances of services for the economic sectors to the conditions induced by the crisis.
In the past months, business continuity was severely hampered, and many government officials and staff had to continue working in their physical offices not only due to infrastructure issues, but also most importantly due to the presence and location of data and information in offline data files and paper-based systems.
While there has been much emphasis on digital tools and technologies in Moldova, digital transformation areas like policy, institutional coordination, and trainings, as well as leadership remains a significant challenge and continue to constrain effective digital transformation and economic growth. One of the underlying causes is the low digitalization of the public sector and its offer.
The Government of Moldova (GOM) remains committed to supporting political dialogue and will use this important forum towards our shared vision of developing a prosperous digital Moldova.
The MFAEI is one of the key line ministries of the Government and a central body which promotes the Government’s policy in the field of foreign relations and conducts its activity in conformity with the Constitution and the laws of the Republic of Moldova, the decisions of the Parliament, Decrees of the President of the Republic of Moldova, decisions of the Government, and other normative documents, international treaties, and agreements to which the Republic of Moldova is party. Therefore, the Digital Transformation of this Ministry should be one of the priority for the Government in advancing the agenda in this area.
The mandate of the Ministry is broad and includes such areas as: exercises the sovereign rights of the Republic of Moldova in the framework of international relations, promotes foreign policy, coordinates the activity of central relevant bodies and other administrative authorities of the Republic of Moldova so that to insure the establishment and further development of the relations with other countries, negotiates on behalf of the Republic of Moldova or participates at the negotiations of international treaties and agreements, supervises the application of treaties, coordinates the implementation of the country’s obligations under international treaties, cooperates with the relevant central bodies and other structures of public administration in what the foreign economic relations and the promotion of a common State foreign policy are concerned, coordinates and oversees the activity of the diplomatic missions and consular sections abroad, exercises consular activities and is providing various services, including in digital format, to citizens and foreign citizens on the territory of the Republic of Moldova and abroad.
The complex institutions like MFAEI are also in need of further ISO certification to strengthen the institutional management, confirm compliance with internationally recognized quality standards and demonstrate that they operate competently and generate valid results, thereby promoting confidence in their work both nationally and around the world. Thus, with UNDP’s support, the MFAEI will advance on the process of the implementation of the ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certifications.
In addition to this, it will be ensured that MFAEI customer services are provided consistently and in line with the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and standards, by setting up institutional management system in line with the requirements of ISO 9001.
In this regard, UNDP is seeking to hire a National Consultant to deliver technical assistance to the MFAEI in the establishment of a quality system certifiable to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
Scope of work
The expected output for the national consultant’s assignment is to support the certification of MFAEI in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements for a quality management system, by providing the necessary advise and expert knowledge related to drafting of certification related documentation, trainings and coaching of staff as well as certification related preparatory activities and audits.
In order to achieve the stated scope of work, the Consultant shall perform the following tasks and activities:
- Prepare the Inception Report and detailed work plan for the assignment;
- Undertake a comprehensive desk review of the previously conducted activities related to certification of MFAEI in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements for a quality management system;
- Conduct a gap analysis to find out gaps between existing MFAEI practices and processes against ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements, identify what processes exist within MFAEI and investigate how well these processes are defined by the organizations’ procedures, what controls exist and the strength of those controls. Compare existing standards with ISO standards by comparing each process with the requirements; and raise awareness of the ISO standards;
- Lead the compliance and certification of MFAEI through documentation of processes towards certification:
- Development and draft of Quality Management System manuals and documents;
- Establishment and documentation of process flows for MFAEI procedures;
- Development of detailed instructional manuals.
- Conduct awareness and orientation activities, as well as relevant trainings and workshops related to ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements for a quality management system;
- Conduct pre-assessment audit (internal audit) to determine MFAEI’s readiness for certification audit;
- Assist MFAEI throughout the ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 journey (ISO registration audit) until ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certification is achieved;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the project and adopt necessary measures to ensure that the highest possible levels of professionalism, quality and impact are attained;
- Provide MFAEI with ISO related materials and assistance with the principles, terminologies and guidelines as specified in the ISO 9001 and ISO 27001;
- Conduct periodic internal assessment of the progress towards certification of MFAEI in line with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements for a quality management system, highlighting any bottlenecks and potential solutions. These shall be reflected in monthly progress reports and the final report.
For detailed information, please refer to Annex 1 – Terms of Reference.
Requirements for experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Post graduate degree and/or advance degree in studies (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in public administration, law, engineering, or related areas. Additional training and certification in ISO implementation would be an advantage.;
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience working with government/private/non-government agencies on quality management system;
- Proven experience (at least 3 similar projects) in supporting government/private/non-government agencies to obtain ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 accreditation, including drafting relevant documents required for accreditation and post-accreditation assistance;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in providing input to technical/scientific
documents and reports;
- Demonstrated experience in information and data collection and analysis;
- Demonstrated interpersonal and diplomatic skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels and to present ideas clearly and effectively;
Skills and Competencies
- Proven capacity to produce ISO technical documentation;
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of work;
- Innovative and creative thinking;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to facilitate group processes, including when tensions arise.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
The UNDP Moldova is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply. Please mention in CV if you belong to the group(s) under-represented in the UN Moldova and/or the area of assignment.
Documents to be included
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/ information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- CV, including information about past experience in similar assignments and contact details for at least 3 referees;
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment;
- Offeror's Letter confirming Interest and Availability with financial proposal (in USD, specifying the total lump sum amount). Financial proposal template prepared in compliance with the template in Annex 2.
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables (i.e. whether payments fall in installments or upon completion of the entire contract). Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR.
In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including fees, taxes, travel costs, accommodation costs, communication, and number of anticipated working days).
Proposals should be submitted online, by pressing the "Apply Online" button, no later than 18.02.2022, following the link below: