The Chisinau Embassy Employee Association (CEEA), located within the U.S. Embassy, is looking for a person with an entrepreneurial mindset to serve as an Associate.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: CEEA Associate
OPENING DATE: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
CLOSING DATE: Friday, December 17, 2021
WORK HOURS: Part-Time (on average 20 hours a week)
SALARY: $1.50-1.75 USD per hour (to be determined based on experience)
*Please take into account that This is not a U.S. government position.
About the role
The Associate will support CEEA and its managers in a part-time or full-time capacity, and will report to the General Manager. In this capacity, the Associate will provide support in the following areas:
- Business Operations & Financial Performance – staff the CEEA store and manage the cash register and the sale of CEEA store products and services; provide information needed for financial and business reports
- Store & Service Management – assist in the stocking and procuring items for the CEEA store; process new products and help with inventory management; process member VAT reports; liaise with local vendors; suggest creative ideas for in-store experience, new products, services and events offered through CEEA; ensure the cleanliness of the store; assist in the planning and staffing of events
- Member Services & Communication – provide sound customer service for all members; respond to CEEA member inquiries; draft emails, other communications and marketing material.
- High school graduate or current high school senior with a major in business, marketing, finance, accounting, communications or other similar field
- Previous work experience preferred
- Strong critical and creative thinking skills, with the ability to introduce and activate new ideas
- Must possess strong with customer service skills, basic knowledge of accounting and inventory management, and strong computer skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with accounting / POS (Point of Sale) software preferred
- Level 3 (good working knowledge) speaking, reading and writing English is required.
Level 4 (fluent) Romanian or Russian are required
- The candidate should be able to start work in January 2022
Benefits and compensation
- The role will be treated in a freelance capacity and compensation will be based on the number of hours worked; compensation will be paid bi-weekly based on the hours worked
- Benefits are not covered related to health, 401k, life insurance, wellness compensation, paid time off, sick leave or paid public holidays
- CEEA, as a diplomatic entity, taxes will not be taken out of compensation, and the employee will be responsible to file taxes on their own and prepare their own tax reporting statements.
- Please submit a cover letter and your resume to CEEAChisinau@state.gov by December 13, 2021
- The cover letter should also include:
o Position title applying for
o Days of the week and time available to work part-time
o First, middle and last name, as well as any other names used
o Current address, day, evening, and cell phone numbers
o National identification number
o Eligibility to work in Moldova (Yes or No)
o Licenses, skills, training, memberships and recognition
o Language skills
o Work experience
- Members of the CEEA board will review all applications against the required qualifications. Selected applicants will be called for an in-person interview and the CEEA board will make an offer of employment to the most qualified applicant.
Additional Selection Criteria
The applicant is subject to a security background check. The applicant must provide all information necessary to fulfill this obligation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
CEEA provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For any additional information, please contact us at CEEAChisinau@state.gov.