Job Title: Market Analyst/Intervention Manager
The project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation Opportunities through innovation and technologies, Optim is pleased to announce an opening for the position of Market Analyst/Intervention Manager in the frame of the economic development project.
The Optim project is implemented by Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation. The employee will be contacted by Helvetas Moldova, the representation of Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation based in Chisinau.
The project is in a first 4-year phase until the end of 2022, with the prospect of extension for another phase.
Short information about the project
Project “Opportunities through Innovation and Technology in Moldova” (Optim) is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), launched in Moldova in 2019. The project aims at supporting the economic development in the Republic of Moldova. Its primary objective is to bring improved employment and income opportunities for Moldovan women and men.
The approach applied by the project is called market systems development (MSD). This approach implies understanding of the constraints faced by people in accessing or using services and products that could enable them to find a job or to generate income. The Optim project addresses these constraints by working with the existing stakeholders in the market. The approach builds on the available resources while focusing on the missing functions of the local business environment.
The project works through two sectors: agriculture and food processing and information and communication technologies (ICT), since the two sectors are important for the Moldovan economy in terms of their economic significance and their potential for creating economic opportunities.
The Market Analyst/Intervention Manager is expected to build a sound market analysis of the two sectors the project is active in and beyond to build a solid understanding of the Moldovan economy, innovation and knowledge systems. This is expected to be done through active collaboration with the stakeholders in the sectors and in close cooperation with the sector leads of the project team. The analysis shall be documented in reports, sector briefs, market analysis, publications and any other internal documents as needed. Additionally to the key tasks, some administrative tasks related to managing partnerships are required.
The candidate applying to the position is required to familiarize herself/himself with the market systems development approach and lead the component with the project team to meet the expected results of the project, as well as ensure appropriate documentation of results and learnings. The following are the key tasks but not limited to:
- Analysis of the ICT and agriculture and food sector;
- Timely and professional documentation of the findings in a comprehensive way;
- Close collaboration with the technical team;
- Initiate and conduct necessary sector analysis and stakeholder assessment;
- Manage the interventions upon request, including administration and relationship management with actors;
- Contribute to the monitoring and results measurement system of the project by timely providing the quantitative and qualitative information and insights to the project monitoring and results measurement focal point and project management;
- Contribute to the project semi-annual and annual reporting to the donor;
- Contribute to preparation and provision of communication material, short case studies, short project/activity description, success stories etc., whenever requested.
- Ensure clear and transparent planning of monitoring and results measurement activities necessary to understand the impact and learn from the interventions to ensure the project is on track with its strategies and goals;
- Ensure that all internal/external reporting respects the standard formats and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to process and synthesize findings in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Highly motivated and results-driven person with the ability to work effectively both independently and in the team;
- Fluent in Romanian, English and Russian;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Prior experience in a similar position is desired;
Education and experience:
- University degree in economics, business studies or similar;
- Minimum 5 year professional experience in similar positions/fields of work;
Please indicate at least two references in your CV or application.
The willing candidates must submit their CV and motivation letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. References will be checked.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation is committed to achieving workforce diversity with regard to gender, ethnolinguistic background, age, etc. Individuals from different minority groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Phone calls will not be accepted, and any attempts will automatically disqualify the candidates from the process.