IT Systems and Applications Manager
Chemonics International seeks an IT Systems and Applications Manager for the USAID Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA)
FTA is a five-year program that seeks to enhance the competitiveness of Moldovan transformative sectors, including, but not limited to, light manufacturing, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), engineering, creative industries, and digital media production, and to improve the country’s integration with Western markets in these sectors. The IT Systems and Applications Manager will provide technical consultations to project beneficiaries and partners to introduce new IT equipment, systems, and applications which further FTA objectives. In addition, the Manager will provide IT support to the project office and staff. This position will be based in Chisinau. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Technical support to beneficiaries and partners
- Provide technical consultations to beneficiaries and partners in order to launch new or updated IT systems, as well as new applications, websites, and databases which support FTA expected results;
- Work with beneficiaries and partners to analyze their requirements, processes and provide technical guidance on for automation and optimization using software and hardware solutions;
- Support beneficiaries and partners to introduce new technologies and systems changes, including developing technical specifications and leading trainings for their staff on the new systems;
- Coordinate with technical support staff of third-party vendors of IT systems and applications to troubleshoot issues and request updates;
- Support beneficiaries and partners to ensure that sufficient IT security systems and firewalls are in place;
- Travel to beneficiary and partner site locations as needed to provide technical consultations, oversee installation of IT equipment or software, or troubleshoot issues;
- Develop work plans to track/report status of assigned projects/tasks with beneficiaries and partners; and
- Participate in the evaluation committees for procuring software and hardware solutions for FTA and its beneficiaries involved in implementing FTA objectives;
- Work closely with the Future Technologies Sectors Director to understand needs of beneficiaries and partners in order to provide support accordingly.
IT support to project office
- Troubleshoots the project’s system, endpoint and network problems, diagnosing, and solving hardware, software, or network faults;
- Installs, configures, updates, and maintains the project’s computer hardware, system software and operating systems, and applications;
- Liaises with Chemonics’ home office IT teams to ensure compliance with IT-related policies and procedures;
- Addresses unauthorized software and respond to security incidents affecting the project equipment;
- Administers and maintains the project’s local area network (LAN), including switches, access points and firewalls;
- Provides technical specifications for the project’s IT-related procurements and provides technical reviews of vendors’ offered technical specifications to determine technical acceptability;
- Provides timely IT-related support to project team members; and
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in information technology, preferably supporting a medium to large private sector business or an international organization; university degree in IT, computer science, or related field preferred;
- Previous experience independently managing projects and/or teams highly preferred;
- Must demonstrate strong experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining current Windows server products, including Microsoft and Azure Active Directory, and Windows operating systems;
- Must demonstrate strong experience in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Office 365 services;
- Good knowledge and demonstrated troubleshooting abilities on connectivity issues due to firewall, load balancer, proxy, and others;
- Experience in networking fundamentals (LAN/WAN), preferably on Meraki products;
- Understands software and hardware requirements of varied departmental systems;
- Understands the workflow and process requirements of complex application systems;
- Ability to determine requirements and specifications for hardware and equipment including servers, PC’s, storage, network, telecom, and other related IT infrastructure;
- Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture is desirable;
- Proficient Romanian required; strong English and Russian communication skills (oral and written) preferred;
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels; and
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimal supervision.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “IT Systems and Applications Manager” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Author: Chemonics International Inc.