JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Digital Transformation Specialist/Consultant
THE MOLDOVAN ASSOCIATION OF ICT COMPANIES (“ATIC”) is the business Organization uniting more than 87 companies. Umbrella Organization gathering over 7000 employees.
Being established in 2006, ATIC is the action leading association and the voice of the Moldovan ICT industry that promotes the development of the ICT sector in Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, government, state institutions and international organizations. The association was founded to represent the industry on different policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best-practices between members. ATIC mission is to protect and promote the Association members’ interests as well as facilitate a more favorable ICT business climate.
Moldovan Association of ICT Companies promotes the development of the ICT sector in the Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, universities, state institutions, international organizations in order to enhance the development of the sector and members capacities, enlarge the market, improve the ICT workforce capacities, protect current investments in the country and participate in the decision making and regulatory process on the national and international level. ATIC will actively promote the interests of the members, by helping to deliver the benefits of the ICT sector, while meeting the legitimate concerns of the members.
About National Coalition on Skills and Jobs
The harmonisation of digital markets is one of the EU’s key policy deliverables for providing tangible results to citizens in the Eastern Partnership. EU support in this area is channelled through the EU4Digital Initiative, which brings together priority actions and programmes in the field.
Through the EU4Digital Initiative, the EU supports the reduction of roaming tariffs, the development of high-speed broadband to boost economies and expand e-services, the improvement of cyber security, the harmonisation of digital frameworks across society, in areas ranging from logistics to health, the enhancement of digital skills and the creation of jobs in the digital industry.
National coalition brings together a range of partners who develop concrete measures to bring digital skills to all levels of society. Partners include ICT and ICT-intensive companies, education and training providers, education and employment ministries, public and private employment services, associations, non-profit organisations and social organisations.
National coalition collaborates in areas such as increasing industry-led training, certifying skills, improving school and university curricula, and raising awareness about ICT careers, especially among young people and women.
Job Title: ATIC Digital Transformation Specialist/ Consultant
ATIC is looking for a Digital Transformation Specialist oriented at the promotion and development of the ICT sector through establishment of partnerships and network between state authorities, private sector, civil society organizations, actively involved in digital skills and jobs of different categories of population. The Digital Transformation Specialist is responsible for identification of National Coalition on Digital Skills and Jobs potential members, initiation of working groups and meetings for setting up joint goals and designing the documents for establishment and future operation of National Coalition.
The consultant will provide strategic and technical support to ATIC educational initiatives in promotion of digital skill and jobs development in the growing digital economy.
- Research the progress of digital transformation process in the country;
- Identify stakeholders and initiatives related to digital skills and jobs;
- Keep dialog with partners in establishment of National Coalition and joint initiatives
- Evaluate 4 priorities and directions: Digital skills for ICT sector, for education, for labour market and for all;
- Elaborate recommendations for various initiatives aimed at improvement of digital skills in different sectors and domains.
- Maintain close and transparent communication with all private, corporate and institutional donors;
- Establishing the strategic and long-term direction of the project and its sustainability.
- Elaborate and submit narrative reports.
Below are specific tasks to be delivered by the incumbent:
- Identifying potential National Coalition on Digital Skills and Jobs members;
- Identifying the goals of the National Coalition on Digital Skills and Jobs;
- Designing an action plan;
- Managing the National Coalition,
- ensure Secretariat of National Coalition on Digital Skills and Jobs;
- Promoting the National Coalition.
Master’s degree in Law, Business, Economics, IT, education or other areas relevant for the implementation of described responsibilities.
At least 5 years of professional working experience in a relevant industry in private sector, public institution, international development organization or business association, or in a comparable and relevant position.
Experience in policy settings, prior technology policy experience preferred.
Experience working with government officials, industry partners, CSOs and/ or international organizations.
Skilled at advocating complex policy positions before a wide variety of audiences, persuasively and diplomatically.
Adept at building relationships at the individual level and coalitions at the organization level
Strategic thinking skills and experience addressing complex challenges.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian/Russian and English is required;
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and collaborative platforms;
- High communication skills and proactivity;
- Result oriented, fast learning and open for new challenges;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and multicultural environment, both in a team and independently;
- Mature and positive attitude, with strong sense of quality.
- Memorandum of Understanding/Declaration of establishment signed between member of National Coalition on Digital Skills and Jobs;
- Strategy on Digital Skills and Jobs developed;
- Action plan of operation of National Coalition on Digital Skills and Jobs 2022-2024 developed
- Promotion of National Coalition in the country and internationally;
- Participation in various meetings;
- Other required.
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
The consultant will perform his/her duties in Moldova, as indicated in the SOW.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment will begin on/about December, 2021- April, 2022.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by 15 December, 2021 to email@example.com. The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/VET Digital Transformation Specialist.