The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply to this position. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis gender, ethnicity, religion, political affialiation, or sexual orientation.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, working towards achieving a world with zero hunger. Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country for the next year (September 2022 – August 2023). To support the implementation of the T-ICSP, WFP Moldova is seeking to fill the position of Liaison/Protocol Officer to provide support with Republic of Moldova government relations and to ensure smooth coordination and cooperation with all government ministries, agencies and other government-related entities for successful implementation of the T-ICSP.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Coordinate official meetings, events and visits, including through the provision of secretariat services, translation and interpretation services in Romanian during official meetings with government representatives.
- Coordinate with Security and Transport Units for preparation of visitors’ road missions and airport transfers.
- Coordinate with MoFA for protocol arrangements, visa and residence permits for staff and guests.
- Act as a focal point to channel requests and correspondence with government and government-related entities and partners, by managing and monitoring a variety of complex correspondence and documentation to ensure appropriate communication with government representatives.
- Coordinate and oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is well organized and readily available to the team, notably through the SharePoint and OneNote sites.
- Prepare and consolidate documentation, correspondence and conduct research in government-related activities as requested by the Partnerships, Donor Relations and IM Officer.
- Interact closely with the rest of the team in preparing summary and analytical documents, including situation reports, background notes, talking points as relevant for government-facing correspondence.
- Act as a focal point for information sharing with the government entities and flag any requests and pending actions.
- Provide protocol assistance to facilitate daily execution of Head of Office and other senior representative activities.
- Assist in reviewing security threats and risks, compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations to ensure information is accurately collated to support reporting and decision-making.
- Review security-related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analyses and reports to ensure information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and coordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
- Support the Partnerships, Donor Relations and IM Officer in collection of inputs for various reports and reporting to the government.
- Perform other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience preferably in the related field.
Experience of using Microsoft Office 365 package, administration ideally in the context on a UN agency or international organization, is desirable.
Experience in Republic of Moldova government entities and agencies is necessary.
Experience organizing events and compiling information is highly desirable
Knowledge & Skills:
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Type of Contract: SC8
Duty Station (City, Country): Chisinau, Moldova.
Duration: 12 months.
Application deadline: 19 Aug 2022