Prosecutorial Vetting Secretariat
Applications should be submitted by 18:00 on 15 December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Background: Global Solutions Ventures (GSV), a joint venture partnership between ZemiTek, LLC and Dexis Consulting Group, seeks qualified candidates for an anticipated project vetting Moldovan prosecutors. The project would provide a fully staffed secretariat to support a multi-national Prosecutorial Vetting Commission appointed by the Moldovan Parliament pursuant to Law 252/2023 which entered into force August 22, 2023. The project is expected to begin in late 2023.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Legal Analyst will work as a member of one of two technical teams within the Secretariat and in support of one of the Commission panels as described in Law 252/2023. The Legal Analyst will report to the Head of the Secretariat and/or their designee. Successful Legal Analysts will be professionally flexible and willing to work in a team, independently and/or in direct partnership with individual Commission members.
The primary duty of the Legal Analyst will be to:
- Assisting Commission members in understanding the general legal context relevant to the vetting process.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Providing legal opinions on various legal matters arising in the vetting process.
- If requested, assist Commission members in writing decisions.
- Reviewing and proofreading original and translated legal texts, including Commission decision when requested.
Based on the official Rules of Procedure adopted by the Commission and the workflow adopted within the Secretariat, the Legal Analyst may also be called upon to conduct individual research and background checking for integrity assessments of individual vetting candidates. This may include, but not be limited to, the following activities.
- Analysis of candidates’ asset declarations.
- Researching and compiling relevant open-source data.
- Compiling and analyzing information provided by third parties.
- Compiling and analyzing data and information provided by various national and international agencies.
- Coordination with Financial Analysts to analyze and summarize data received from financial institutions.
- Support the Commission and Secretariat leadership for the successful implementation of ad-hoc activities.
- When requested, participate in Commission hearings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A university degree in law.
- Ability to analyze laws, legal frameworks, sub-legal acts, normative acts etc. and to draft legal opinions that are clear and succinct.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented, able to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in Romanian and level B2, or higher, proficiency in English.
- Intermediate level expertise with core Microsoft office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to pass a NAC background check.
Candidates with experience in the following may be given preference:
- Accessing and extracting information from national databases such as, but not limited to, Tax Service, National Bank, Border Police, Credit Bureau etc.
- Conducting open-source intelligence research (OSINT).
- Conducting research and preparing data driven reports.
- Analyzing financial and/or banking data
- Current or past work in the Moldovan prosecution system, in any role.
- Status as a candidate prosecutor.
- Status as a student at the NIJ.
Applicants are advised that job offers are contingent upon the following:
- GSV receipt of a complete application packet as defined below.
- Passing a NAC background check.
- GSV receipt of three positive professional reference checks (recommendation letters will not be accepted and should not be submitted)
- Those offered employment may not engage in any other form of employment, consultancy, or other categories of work during the contract period.
To apply qualified candidates should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current CV in ENGLISH.
- A cover letter in ENGLISH that defines how you meet the minimum requirements.
- A list of three professional references including name, position title, organization, mobile number, email address and relationship to the candidate. Please note that reference letters will not be considered.
- A declaration stating the applicant has no family or close personal contacts within the prosecutorial system or a listing of the family members or close personal contacts in the prosecutorial system.
- A copy of the national ID and/or passport photo page.
- Completion of the consent to background check form provided below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Consimțământul pentru controlul de fond/ a antecedentelor
Subsemnatul/Subsemnata, confirm că am aplicat la Secretariatul Pre-Vetting/ de Evaluare a Procurorilor și confirm că candidatura mea este supusă unei verificări a antecedentelor şi a integrităţii financiare efectuată de autorităţile competente din Republica Moldova, care se extinde şi asupra soţului/soţiei şi a rudelor/afinilor de gradul I. Furnizarea detaliilor mele personale, copiei buletinului meu de identitate/pașaportului, CV-ului și semnătura de mai jos servesc drept consimțământ pentru ca toate datele mele cu caracter personal, ale soţului/soţiei şi a rudelor/afinilor de gradul I să fie evaluate și analizate fără limitare de către autorităţile competente, în vederea finalizării verificării antecedentelor şi a integrităţii financiare. Adițional eu inteleg că la accesarea datelor mele, informația referitoare la membrii imediați ai familiei mele de asemenea va fi accesată.
Eu înțeleg că rezultatele verificării antecedentelor şi integrităţii finaniciare vor fi transmise lui Anne M. Trice, Director superior în cadrul Dexis Consulting Group în calitatea sa de representant al angajatorului pentru poziția la care am aplicat.
De asemenea, confirm că parte a consimțământului meu sunt atașate următoarele:
__XX_ Copia pe fața și verso a buletinului meu de identitate/ pașaportului
__XX_ CV-ul current, cu indicarea tuturor locurilor de muncă și studiilor anterioare.
Consent to Background / Clearance Check
I, confirm that I have applied to the Pre-Vetting / Prosecutorial Vetting Secretariat and acknowledge that my candidacy is subject to a background / clearance check conducted by the competent authorities from the Republic of Moldova. Provision of my personal details, copy of my ID card/ passport, CV, and signature below serve as my consent to have all of my personal data, of the spouse and first degree relatives, without limitation, accessed and analyzed by the competent authorities, in order to complete the required pre-employment background/clearance check I further understand that in accessing my data, data related to my immediate family members will also be accessed.
I understand that the results of my background/clearance check will be forwarded to Dexis Consulting Group as the hiring representative for the position to which I have applied.
I further confirm that the following are attached here as part of my consent:
__XX_ Copy of the photo page of my ID card/ passport.
__XX_ Current CV showing all past employment and education.
Nume (tipărit)/Name (printed):
Nume de familie (tipărit)/
Numărul național de identificare sau numărul pașaportului / National ID number or passport number:
Semnat la (introduceți data)/
Signed on (enter date):
Alte anunturi de angajare
- A.O. „Femei pentru Femei” este în căutarea unei Comunicatoare / unui Comunicator
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring National Anti-Trafficking Experts (SSA)
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant în realizarea analizei de impact
- National Associate Movement Operations Officer, IOM Moldova
- Project Communications Analyst (NPSA-8) – UNDP Moldova/Green Transition
- Specialist/-ă în Comunicare și Relații Publice, în cadrul A.O. ”CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- Asociația MAR anunță concurs pentru postul vacant Specialist în comunicare
- Asistent Director
- Specialist coordonare instruiri
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare reporter/ă