FAO is launching a call for expression of interest from qualified candidates for Programme Assistant position to assist FAO Moldova in administrative and operational issues and be part of the Field Operations Team
28 November 2023
Reference to the project:
Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations
Expected Duration of Assignment:
1 year (3 months of probation period)
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is an intergovernmental organization with more than 194 member nations. Since its inception, FAO has worked to alleviate poverty and hunger by promoting agricultural development, improved nutrition and the pursuit of food security - defined as the access of all people at all times to the food they need for an active and healthy life. The main aim of FAO Representation in Moldova is to support the development of the agrifood sector through development assistance programmes and projects. Since 2022 FAO Moldova is also implementing an emergency programme on supporting smallholder farmers and rural households to mitigate the negative effects of multiple crisis. FAO is delivering its assistance to Moldova based on the Country Programming Framework consisting from three priority areas (i) increasing competitiveness of the agriculture sector (ii) fostering sustainable agriculture and rural development (iii) management of natural resources and disaster risk management.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Programme Assistant will have the following task and responsibilities:
- Provide support to Operations Officer/BH on projects from idea to closure of projects;
- Assist in management of the whole Project Cycle from pipeline entries in FPMIS, to approval and oversights;
- Perform transaction mapping, initiating payments, assist in Budget Revisions;
- Contribute to the organization of missions, workshops, trainings;
- Prepares project task force meetings and ensure the secretariat of such meetings;
- Maintain tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets, including reviews and monitors project budget and prepare requests and revisions as required; maintains and alerts about budget expenditures and resources; reviews project transaction listings with a view to identifying errors in accounting against budget lines;
- Ensures the complete and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (GRMS, FPMIS, etc.) for all assigned operational field projects/activities;
- Support in translation of documents and other materials in English, if needed;
- Assist in the management of the project through monitoring and book-keeping of office expenditures, general administration, set up of filing and archive system, maintenance of inventory system, and other related office management tasks;
- Cooperate closely with the Ministry of Agriculture and other relevant national partners in achieving the objectives of the projects
- Support the AFAO in administrative management of the FAO Representation in Moldova.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary for the successful execution of these projects and other FAO Moldova priorities.
- University degree or equivalent in the field of International Relations, Economics with focus on Project Management, Public Administration, or another related field
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in project administration and management, or any other related administrative field.
- Previous experience with international projects/organizations is an advantage
- Knowledge of the UN system in Moldova represents an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in standard computer software
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV with all relevant details accompanied by a motivation letter to FAO-Moldova@fao.org by inclusive, mentioning in the subject line of the email the position you wish to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacte
Alte anunturi de angajare
- GIZ - Advisor on Public Administration Reform and Training System
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring a Senior Driver/Dispatcher (G3) (Short-Term Assignment)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al direcției reglementare
- USAID hires employee to review payment requests, ensure that invoices or claims are valid, properly authorized, and processed timely and accurately.
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Financial Analyst – Capital Markets
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- Specialist în Comunicare și PR, Moldova Innovation Technology Park
- Project Associate (Roster NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova Projects
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă, analiză, prognoză și emisiune a monedei naționale
- Oportunitate de angajare: Consultanți Juniori la CICO!