Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are core principles at UNDP: we value diversity as an expression of the multiplicity of nations and cultures where we operate, we foster inclusion as a way of ensuring all personnel are empowered to contribute to our mission, and we ensure equity and fairness in all our actions. Taking a ‘leave no one behind’ approach to our diversity efforts means increasing representation of underserved populations. People who identify as belonging to marginalized or excluded populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Learn more about working at UNDP including our values and inspiring stories.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Sustainable management of water resources in accordance with the principle of integrated water management is the priority for Moldova. For further development of water policy and improvement of regulatory framework, the Ministry of Environment (MoE), with the support of its subordinate institutions, is responsible for ensuring ongoing dialogue with neighboring countries on the integrated management of transboundary water resources, with the ultimate goal to ensure amount and quality and quantity of waters needed for both sustainable socio-economic development and healthy environment.
In the process of improvement of national regulatory framework, harmonization of environmental legislation with the provisions of European Union (EU) directives, national environmental protection system faces many constraints, particularly, related to outdated standards, normative acts, capacity of responsible institutions, shortage of qualified staff in the government sectoral institutes, etc.
The importance of integrated management of the Dniester River is indisputable for the Republic of Moldova. It is the largest river in the Republic of Moldova, covering 70% of the country's water consumption needs, thus being considered a strategic surface water resource for both environmental and socio-economic security of the country.
For the joint Moldovan-Ukrainian management of the Dniester River, a topic of major importance for Moldova is the impact of the operation of the Dniester Hydropower Complex (HPC) on the Moldova’s territory. In the frameworks of project Study of social and environmental impact assessment of the Dniester Hydropower Complex funded by Swedish Embassy and implemented by UNDP in 2018-2021, there was clearly shown its negative impact on the environment downstream.
According to Water Law no. 272/ 2011, river basin district management plans (RBDMP) are being developed for 6-years cycle. It shall be mentioned that the Ukrainian side is also concerned with the development of the Dniester River Basin Management Plan (RBMP) for the years 2025-2030. Important methodological aspects were harmonized between countries’ experts and institutions, and joint Strategic Action Program had been elaborated with assistance of the GEF funded project. The Strategic Action Program (SAP) is one of the key strategic documents of the Commission on Sustainable Use and Protection of the Dniester River Basin. It is based on the findings of the Transboundary Diagnostic Analysis (TDA) for the Dniester River Basin. Both documents have been developed according to the methodology agreed by the two countries and have been extensively consulted. The documents contribute to the Dniester River basin management planning at the national level, as well as support implementation of international commitments to develop joint plans for the transboundary basins. On March 31, 2021, there was signed a Joint Statement on the approval of the Strategic Action Program for the Dniester River Basin for 2021 between the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment of the Republic of Moldova and the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Natural Resources of Ukraine.
Along with attempts to solve the cross-border aspect of the Dniester River management on the platform of the Dniester Commission, currently, environmental institutions are in an extensive process of functional analysis aimed at streamlining the structure, functions, and capacities in the field of integrated management of water resources.
The strategy of the project “Support to the Moldovan authorities for the sustainable management of the Dniester River” is to improve environmental and social conditions in the Dniester River Basin District through enhanced management of water resources on the basis of updated regulatory framework, comprehensive and reliable river basin management planning, improved water management institutional capacities and implementation of practical environmental activities that would improve the ecological status of the Dniester River, identified as part of the Dniester Impact Study (2021).
The Project consists of 4 (four) Components as follows:
- Enhancement of water related regulatory framework
- Elaboration of the 2nd Management Plan for the Dniester River Basin District
- Support provided to Moldovan water management authorities in sustainable management of Dniester River both at national and transboundary/ international levels
- Implementation of the on-the-ground activities to improve the current ecological conditions of the Dniester River.
The Overall Objective of the project is to increase the capacity of the Moldovan Government to sustainably manage the Dniester River basin at the national and transboundary levels, including:
- To ensure that Moldova has sufficient regulatory framework for the sustainable river management based on the basin wide approach supported by the WFD provisions,
- To provide the Moldova Government for comprehensive and realistic Management Plan for the Dniester River Basin developed in compliance with the WFD,
- To provide continuous support for enhancement of capacities of national authorities responsible for water management, as well as the Moldovan representatives under joint Moldovan and Ukrainian bodies tasked with cross-border management of the Dniester River,
- To improve social, economic, and environmental conditions of the Dniester River.
The Project duration is envisaged between 2022- 2026 with support from SIDA (The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency).
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- Coordinate short-term consultants;
- Assume overall responsibility for the coordination of administrative matters;
- Monitor compliance with UNDP standards and ensure quality control of project filing systems and files;
- Provide advice to the team on procurement and contractual administration of processes.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
- In accordance with the Project Work Plan support the procurement of equipment, supplies and services ensuring full compliance with UNDP rules and procedures;
- Prepare the procurement plans for the project and monitor their implementation;
- Organize procurement processes, including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, development of bidding documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of conditions of contracts, in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Organize procurement processes with respect to individual consultancy services (ICs, RLAs), coordinate receipt of applications and financial proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Promote and monitor the transparency of the procurement and contractual processes, and the use of international best practices; ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures;
- Prepare the submissions on the procurement processes to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP);
- Draft contracts for goods and services for management approval;
- Effective contracts management -draw up and maintain evidence and monitoring of awards and contracts with project implementing partners, consulting organizations, contractors, etc.;
- Maintain records on national consultants, services providers and their respective status (contracts, ToRs, etc.) in accordance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Monitor supplier’s performance with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods and services;
- Create and manage e-requisitions in Quantum;
- Act as Alternate for Finance Associate undertaking the payment processes in Quantum;
- Undertake any other tasks requested on an ad hoc basis.
- Keep abreast of UNDP rules and regulations in the area of responsibility and maintain an optimum level of knowledge by continuous learning;
- Provide regular reports to the Project managers and flag any deviations from the work plans immediately;
- Provide inputs for the elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies in consultation with Project management.
The key results have an impact on the overall successful implementation and achievement of the objectives of the Project. The information provided facilitates the decision-making of the Project Board and UNDP management.
The Procurement Associate will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
The incumbent contributes to effective and efficient implementation of the Project through a range of actions contributing to the design, planning, management and monitoring of project activities. The Procurement Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Procurement Associate works in close collaboration with the Project team as well as the team in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex project/project-related issues and information delivery.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline.
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements.
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible.
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident.
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships.
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Results-based Management:
- Ability to manage projects and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
- Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and project performance and results
- Data management:
- Knowledge of processing, storing, and validating procurement data
- Contract management:
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
- Data analysis:
- Ability to extract, analyse and visualize procurement data to form meaningful insights and aid effective business decision making
- Knowledge of purchase-to-pay cycles, concepts, principles and policies, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
- Category management:
- Ability to segment spend into areas which contain similar or related products enabling focus opportunities for consolidation and efficiency.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education.
- Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, law, logistics, procurement, economics, or other related fields would be desired.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience, preferably with specialization in public or private sector procurement, supply chain management or purchasing or economics, or other substantive area.
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO involving large scale procurement processes.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English, and Romanian is required.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats peers fairly by maintaining consistent values, inspiring trust and confidence through personal credibility;
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of the outcome of his/her decisions.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to prepare accurate reports and other documents;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to prioritize.
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section:
- Additional training and/or certification in procurement and/or accounting would be an advantage.
- Experience with application of Results-Based Management (RBM) tools to programme/project cycle.
- Experience in the UN system and agencies, international and development assistance organizations is an asset.
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines
- Serves as internal consultant in the area of expertise and shares knowledge with staff
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner, maintaining a high quality standard throughout
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Tolerates conditions of stress, uncertainty or ambiguity and continues to maintain a positive outlook and to work productively
Specialized training in procurement is desirable.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Data de încheiere a postului vacant : 21 septembrie 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms
- Programme Assistant, Branch Development and Volunteer Management for International Federation of the Red Cross
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova: Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- People in Need is hiring a Project Manager, Relief and Development Department /Civil Society and Good Governance
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- Smm manager / copywritter
- Extended Term. Terms of reference for the selection of a group of consultants (one national and one international) for curriculum development and delivery of a Continuous Training Program to the personnel of the North Regional Centre for Integrated Assist
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări
- Legal Analyst