The Preventing and protecting children from violence, including in the digital environment, in the Republic of Moldova Project is hiring a Project Assistant.
The Project aims to strengthen the response of Republic of Moldova to violence against children, including online child sexual exploitation and abuse. The Project will focus on protection and promotion of children’s rights in the digital environment and will also address the protection of children against violence, including child sexual abuse and exploitation, as well as prevention of peer-to peer violence. The Project relies on relevant standards such as the Council of Europe Convention on the Protection of children against sexual exploitation and sexual abuse (Lanzarote Convention), Council of Europe Guidelines on child-friendly justice (2010) and the Recommendation CM/Rec(2018)7 of the Committee of Ministers to member states on Guidelines to respect, protect and fulfil the rights of the child in the digital environment.
As a Project Assistant you will:
- assist in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the project’s activities, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- ensure the administrative and financial assistance and the organisational support for the project’s implementation;
- carry out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events; follow up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organise travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the project’s needs; deal with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- process purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements;
- process and draft correspondence, documents, presentations and assist in preparing reports; proofread and correct linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; translate documents and texts related to project activities from/to English; check translations;
- organise the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online; receive, review and dispatch incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- record, maintain and update a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- work in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of project activities;
- report to the supervisor on activities in progress and informs of any problems encountered; contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and project management;
- carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the project implementation; promote Council of Europe values internally and externally.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education and appropriate professional qualifications (minimum two years);
- have a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience in administrative or project implementation support duties or similar;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe’s official languages (English);
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe and fulfil the conditions for appointment to the civil service of that state;
- have discharged any obligation concerning national service (military, civil or comparable);
- not be the parent, child, stepchild or grandchild of a serving staff member of the Council of Europe;
- be under the age of 65 years.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
Professional and technical expertise:
- proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- general knowledge and understanding of the activities of the Council of Europe; - general knowledge and understanding of international co-operation activities;
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentations, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications);
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Service orientation
- Teamwork and co-operation
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade B2. Employment is limited to 31 December 2023 and may be extended. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1070,25 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation. You will be affiliated to a pension scheme and social and medical insurance. You will also benefit from 32 working days leave per year and other advantages (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
This recruitment procedure is carried out in accordance with Rule No. 1234 of 15 December 2005 laying down the conditions of recruitment and employment of locally recruited temporary staff members working in Council of Europe Duty Stations located outside of France.
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 21 June 2023 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al Direcției Cooperare Tehnică Externă și Colaborare Bilaterală
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova angajează Ofițer Comunicare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal control și evaluare riscuri
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy for an analysis of the use of the social assistance programme by beneficiaries for their children
- Finance and Administrative Coordinator on Data Governance, SC (SB3.4)
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert (e) în livrarea unei sesiuni de instruire privind scrierea de proiecte și accesarea de granturi pentru ONG-urile membre URONPIC
- Project Finance Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/ Dniester II Project
- Project HOPE is hiring Logistic Officer
- Asociația Promo-LEX angajează Coordonator/Coordonatoare pentru regiunea Centru