Child Protection and Mental Health and Psycho-social Support Officer
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Child Protection and Mental Health and Psycho-social Support Officer.
The ongoing hostilities and constant movement results not only in the loss of lives and injuries to civilians, but in increased child protection risks, mental health and sexual exploitation and abuse. World Vision Ukraine Crisis response will take following programmatic and operational approaches to meet the need of children in the affected area. The goal of child protection is to strengthen the protection of boys and girls from abuse, neglect, exploitation, and other forms of violence. World Vision uses a systems approach to address root causes of violence against girls and boys. Key actors from across all levels of the child’s ecology are empowered to work together to strengthen a protective environment.
• Child Protection Officer will support in formulation of the Child Protection project, designed to address the root causes of child protection in Ukraine
• The officer will ensure the timely implementation by the partners, meeting compliance of the donors.
• With the capacity on child protection, officer will work closely with technical specialist to build the capacity of the partners.
• Support in monitoring of the project interventions.
• Promote the protection and rights of the vulnerable children
- In coordination with Child Protection, MHPSS Specialists, and the Project Manager create the operational implementation plans and strategies for the project, based on the DIP.
- Support partners to implement the project activities on time, particularly in facilitation of bi - weekly participatory sessions for adolescents and monthly group dialogues with children and caregivers on enhancing child protection, with particular attention to survivors of SGBV, unaccompanied children and other children who present with signs of poor mental health and distress
- Participate in development of MHPSS and Child protection project models for group-based and individual interventions.
- Provide effective technical support to field project teams/partners on roll out of the recognized and approved project models and approaches on MHPSS and CP
- Ensure monthly monitoring of project indicators and facilitate regular reflections on monitoring practice to make improvements
- Liaise and collaborate with government structures, local authorities and partners for quality implementation of project interventions in CP and MHPSS
- Support partners to ensure that project indicators are met on time and track the project budget spending
- Ensure the timely and quality reporting (5Ws, ITT, narrative monthly, interim reports) in close cooperation with project partners Active contribution in 5W reporting.
- Provide support to partners on preparation of reports
- Support in Capacity building of partners in Child Protection and MHPSS
- Contextualization of the training materials as per the need of the community .
- Translation and facilitation of the training on Child Protection and MHPSS project models and approaches
- Work closely with CP and MHPSS Technical Specialists to provide technical assistance to the other sectors in order to mainstream protection concerns and staff from other sectors are able to refer child protection and MHPSS cases found in their activities
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, social work, humanities and social sciences preferably in Child Rights
- At least two years’ work experience in social service delivery, education, health, community services Experience working with MHPSS and protection Implementing partners in both local and international humanitarian settings, especially with children
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications such as Ms. Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams, Power BI, databases such as MySQL and data collection applications such as ODK, Kobo
Required Education - training, license, registration, and certification
- Valid certificate of good conduct
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- A high level of organization and management skills
- Good oral, written, presentation & communication skills and inter-personal skills
- Thorough knowledge of support services systems, including planning, reporting, staff training
- Prior experience working in an NGO set up is an added advantage
- Demonstrated commitment to Christian values
- Experience working with NGOs will be an added advantage
- Must have a good understanding of the different systems of extension delivery.
- Computer literate
- Possess Police Clearance Certificate
- Community Engagement Skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Able to stand above denominational diversities
- Good communication and mobilization skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to prepare logistics for training events in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Seek useful feedback from staff that will improve future capacity building and support
Decisions are guided by the policies, project documents including plans, DIPs budgets e.t.c and the Job description. The position holder must exercise sound and independent judgment in carrying out the assigned duties. She/he must be able to interpret policies and guidelines and, in instances not clearly covered by guidelines through a consultation process he/she will identify best approaches to resolve technical and administrative challenges. The position holder is expected to independently prioritize work, proactively identify problem areas, determine possible solutions, takes appropriate action, and keep supervisors informed and seek more guidance and assistance as deemed necessary.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Position requires willingness to travel to project sites
Office environment 30% and 70% field activities within the response area
- Travel: 10 % Domestic travel may be required.
- On call: As required
Proficiency in Romanian and English. Command of Russian is an asset.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at:
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is June 7, 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Angajăm specialist în PR și comunicare
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Manager (NPSA10) - Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty/FPI (EU-funded project)
- USAID Moldova Job Vacancy: Supervisory Administrative Management Specialist
- Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA-8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Asistent/-ă social/-ă, A.O.„CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”, Departament tineret
- CNPAC anunță concurs pentru funcția de consultant juridic în cadrul serviciului de audiere a copiilor în condiții speciale
- IREX Moldova/Comunitatea Mea program vacancy – Communications Specialist
- BBC Request for proposal (RFP): Conducting audience research in Moldova
- Financial Management Specialist to provide technical support and assist the MoER in FM activities related related to „Education Quality Improvement Project”.
- People in Need is hiring a Project Assistant