The Te Doy Foundation (TDF) seeks a Local Program Director (LPD) for the on-going INL-funded “Establishing a Family Justice Center Project (FJC) in Moldova.” The project is supporting the creation and operations of an inter-disciplinary, holistic approach to combating and responding to domestic and gender-based violence through the establishment of an FJC in Moldova in order to protect and assist victims and their children who are affected by all forms of domestic and sexual violence by ensuring access to all necessary support services. The LPD candidates should have experience in GBV and gender issues and be professionals with exceptional leadership skills and possess a deep understanding of the Moldovan context. The LPD candidates should have demonstrated experience delivering results in complex environments at national and local levels and with a variety of public, private, and civil society stakeholders; the ability to effectively work across different cultures; and extensive experience managing diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines. This position will be based in Chisinau for a minimum of two months and a strong possibility of an extension of at least six (6) more months to accompany the initial operations of the FJC once it opens. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to ensure the programmatic and financial integrity of the activity;
- Serve as the primary liaison with INL/Moldova on technical, strategic, and contractual matters;
- Lead efforts to collaborate and coordinate with other INL/Moldova projects, other donor-funded projects, government of Moldova institutions, and private sector and civil society stakeholders, ensuring that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are coordinated and leveraged effectively;
- Ensure quality control and overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the contract, including activity results and deliverables;
- Oversee activity administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal TDF policies, and INL regulations;
- Supervise senior technical and operational staff;
- Coordinate activities with the TDF home office and the International Program Director; and
- Proactively identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and make appropriate programmatic adjustments to meet contractual objectives and results.
- Minimum ten years of relevant technical experience in international development (at least eight of these years should be in a management/leadership position in programs of a similar scope and scale);
- At least six years of experience in Moldova (preferred) or a similar context;
- Master’s degree in law (preferred), international development, gender studies, or other relevant field. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 15 years of relevant experience may be substituted for a master’s degree;
- Thorough knowledge of the current and historic problematic on domestic and gender-based violence in Moldova preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects involving a broad range of public, private, and civil society stakeholders in a multi-agency setting;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in written and oral English and Romanian required; and
- Must be of Moldovan nationality; and
- Have demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Expressions of interest can be submitted via email only, at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 8, 2023.
Required documents include:
Current CV – in English.
Two professional references including name, title, email address and phone number.
If you don’t meet all the eligibility requirements but still think you are a good fit for the position, please include a short explanatory note with your motivation for this position to your application.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Coordonator(oare) Finante Programe / Programme Finance Associate (G-7) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- Financial Management Specialist to provide technical support and assist the MoER in FM activities related related to „Education Quality Improvement Project”.
- Qu23/02811: Human Security/ National legal consultant for solid biomass market
- Local Administrator Specialist
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - UNDP Moldova/PBF Project
- HelpAge International angajează Coordonator de Proiect
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy for the development of the educational ICT standards
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, Direcţia decontări interbancare
- Posturi vacante ANRE (termen limită 20.10.2023)
- Communications Specialist