Vacancy Notice 2023-19
Open to Internal and External Candidates
General Staff Category, Grade G-7, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment
Fixed term one year, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
June 04, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Programme Coordinator in Moldova and the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator (Operations); and in collaboration with other units at IOM Moldova, the Project Specialist will be responsible for contributing the effective and timely programmatic implementation of Protection-related programming in the emergency operations and nonemergency operations with a focus on liaison with local NGOs partners and capacity building activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of services agreements and joint activities with local NGOs partnering with IOM Moldova including the preliminary review of the project proposals, technical, administrative and financial aspects and expenditure planning in accurate with IOM Protection programmes.
- Liaise and coordinate with NGOs communication messages, instructions and share feedback in coordination with the Protection Mobile Teams and the Protection Coordinator (Operations) while suggesting and supporting follow up meetings and engagement when appropriate.
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the data collection provided by NGOs implementing partners and provide support for relevant reports to PSU, working groups and donor.
- Support the implementation of all capacity building and strengthening activities related to the Emergency Response for the Protection Unit with relevant NGOs partners, IOM frontline workers, and state authorities.
- Act as Gender-Based Violence Focal Point in the Protection Emergency Unit and support the implementation of the GBV workplan of the Protection Emergency Team under the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator (Operations).
- Coordinate the implementation of awareness raising, information dissemination, risk mitigation and partnership component of protection programmes, including in crisis setting while providing recommendations to streamline implementation.
- Undertake duty travel based on programme needs.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Political Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- School diploma with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience in humanitarian response field with a focus on the thematic area of Protection of forced displacement.
- Exposure, including through work experience to a range of Protection topics such as migrants in vulnerable situations and gender-based violence.
- Work experience in liaison and coordination with non-governmental organizations. Experience with NGOs working in the field of GBV, women’s rights, and anti-trafficking is preferable.
- Experience in liaison and cooperation with governmental authorities, UN partners, and NGOs, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience as a trainer and in the organization of training.
- Previous work experience in IOM or a UN agency is preferable.
- Knowledge of migration- and protection-related subject areas, as dealt with by the Organization in Moldova.
- Knowledge of humanitarian response planning and general understanding of humanitarian response structure.
- Good knowledge and general understanding of NGOs networks and ecosystem in Moldova.
- Good knowledge of public services related to the area of social care and protection.
- Good reporting and data collection skills
- Good field coordination skills.
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Ability to learn quickly new thematic areas and workstreams related to the protection work of IOM in a variety of contexts and in coordination with other units.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.). and experience in working with databases and online applications.
Fluency in English, Romanian and Russian (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the Personal History form https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: email@example.com
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 04 June 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the Personal History Forms duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 19.05.2023 to 04.06.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Qu23/02812: Human Security/ National ICT Consultant
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Diaconia angajează Educatori
- Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) - Senior Specialist - ODA
- Specialist pentru monitorizarea și evaluarea Proiectului de Înregistrare și Evaluare Funciară
- Project Procurement Assistant (NPSA-5) -UNDP Moldova/EU4Moldova: focal Programme
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy on legal support to RESTART reform
- Project Assistant, Case Management
- Data for Impact hires Performance Management Advisor
- GIZ - Junior Human Resources Specialist