Project Coordinator (ADH Project)
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Coordinator (ADH Project).
Under the supervision of Multi Projects Manager, Project Coordinator will oversee and ensure the proper implementation of the Project” Emergency response to meet the basic needs of refugees and host communities affected by the Ukraine crisis in Moldova”.
Project Coordinator will work in close coordination with the respective Technical Specialists/Advisors towards ensuring the project activities such as cash distribution, MHPSS, Education in Emergency and Protection are of a high technical quality in organizing logistical support, preparing documents and relevant reports, conduct site visits and monitor the activities implementation.
The Project Coordinator will closely work with the implementing partners Project coordinators and relevant authorities.
Project Implementation and Planning
- Plan, implement and coordinate to maintain project compliance with standards, country laws, donor requirement and objectives.
- Provide daily coordination with partner to ensure that inputs and technical quality of program activities are efficient and coordinated;
- Review and assess the component of activities and interrelationships with other components; identify possible solutions for problems and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with relevant departments at World Vision
- Visit project sites to monitor project activities and services are in high quality. Report to Multi Project Manager or supervisor.
- Review narrative and financial reports and provide reviews in a timely manner for office, donor or for any entity as required.
- Monitor the quality of the implementation and ensure compliance with established norms and sphere minimum standards.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that implementation of all M&E activities within the project are conducted in a coordinated, communicated and timely manner.
- Seek the inclusion of technical guidance (both programmatic and M&E) by World Vision technical staff where necessary based on all relevant standards.
- Carry out regular field visits to monitor the implementation and progress of project activities, according to approved proposal.
- Draft reports in the preparation of monthly reports and review of finance report by providing requested information and documents to the supervisor.
- Document lessons learned and allow for appropriate adjustments.
- Quality documentation using the sharepoint (or hard copy filing) including assessment and progress reports, proposals, program plans that meet WV and donor requirements.
- Coordinate with Technical Specialists/Advisor about technical approaches.
- Support in cluster coordination reports e.g. 5Ws
Partnership and Networking
- Attend relevant cluster meeting if necessary and any other ad-hoc external meetings to ensure effective coordination and networking with other governmental authorities and other agencies working in the relevant sector.
- Lead the communication with implementation partner for ensuring quality of works as planned and managing the expected risk and challenges in operation.
Protection/Mental health /Gender based-violence/Cash/NFI
- Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential threats in the implementation of protection/mental health/gender based violence/cash/NFI activities affecting the target beneficiary participating in the project activities.
- Comply fully and ensure partners compliance with WV’s Child Protection Policy and code of conduct.
Capacity building and training
- Work closely with and provide ongoing support, mentoring and coaching to local NGO partner of the project, in implementation of project activities.
- Orient and train staff with regards to the project objective.
- Coordinate the delivery of sector specific trainings for field staff on protection/mental health/gender based violence/cash/NFI
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Working experiences of at least 1-2 years in NGO sector, specific experience in Child Protection and/or education
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor degree (preferably in Social sciences, project management, education, or protection)
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent English and Romanian communication skills (both oral and written), Russian is an asset
- Skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Motivated to work in humanitarian field and grow professionally, eager and quick to learn
- Experience working on projects funded by international donors
- Familiar with core principles of Children’s Rights, Child Protection, Participation, and ‘Do No Harm.’
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Working knowledge of the logical framework approach.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
40% field work
60% office based
Position requires willingness to travel to project sites
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WorldVisionInternational/job/Chisinau-Moldova/ADH-Project-Coordinator_R20226
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for application is May 31, 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Procurement Assistant (NPSA-5) -UNDP Moldova/EU4Moldova: focal Programme
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Консультант по социальной работе
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/ Joint Project Emergency support for agri-producers in the context of socio-economic and energy crisis and top-ups from SDC and Japan Supplementary Budget
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Officer Education and Psychosocial Support
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA6) - Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- People in Need is hiring a Civil Society Manager (only for national staff)
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- Editura Știința angajează Șef depozit
- Concurs de selectare de consultanți-formatori pentru dezvoltarea capacităților profesioniștilor din sectorul educație în vederea sprijinirii incluziunii copiilor refugiați în instituțiile de învățământ din Republica Moldova
- Chemonics International Inc. seeks a Communications and Media Director for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) project.