Duties and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Representative of UNODC Country /Regional Office in Kiev and the technical guidance of the HIV/AIDS Unit at the UNODC Head Quarters, the HIV/AIDS NPO will be responsible for providing on-going technical guidance and policy advice to the Government of Moldova on the three UNODC HIV/AIDS key policy and programmatic areas, namely HIV/AIDS prevention and care related to (a) drug dependence, particularly injecting drug use (b) prison settings and (c) HIV and law enforcement. S/he will also facilitate collaboration and coordination activities with CSOs, UNAIDS, it’s co-sponsors and other key players and assist the UNODC Country/Regional Office in Kiev in strengthening national capacities to develop and implement strategies that deal effectively with HIV/AIDS prevention and care in those key areas.
More specifically, the incumbent will:
- Assist the Government in the assessment of the HIV/AIDS situation in the key areas, the development of effective strategies and reviewing and adapting national HIV/AIDS policy and implementation plans;
• Implement activities on both banks of the Republic of Moldova under the joint Swedish project in the period from 2019-2021
• Assist the Government in building national capacity for enhanced policy development, coordination, sound monitoring and evaluation with regard to HIV/AIDS prevention and care in those key areas;
• Facilitate the establishment of technical working groups involving all relevant stakeholders at the national level;
• Represent UNODC in the technical working group, inter-agency task force, UN theme group on HIV/AIDS, CCA, UNDAF and other relevant forums;
• Organize and participate as a resource person in advocacy meetings, round-tables, training workshops and other meetings related to specific HIV/AIDS and drug dependency issues;
• Review, analyze, and evaluate technical reports and other relevant materials on the state of the art of prevention and care of HIV/AIDS in the key areas and facilitate dissemination of good practices;
• Contribute to programme/grant proposals, including for the Global Fund and the World Bank, to determine their technical soundness and appropriateness in the context of HIV/AIDS among drug users, particularly injecting drug users, in prison settings and as it relates to the trafficking in human beings;
• Prepare reports such as reports to the HQs, Regional Office, Government and donors.
- Advanced university degree in public health, sociology or other related areas;
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience at the national level in managing HIV/AIDS prevention and care programmes among injecting drug users, in prison settings and as it relates to the trafficking in human beings;
• Knowledge of and/or practical experience in the area of organization and delivery of training programmes in the field of HIV/AIDS and drug dependence would be an asset.
• Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team.
• Well-developed communication skills to liaise, negotiate and advocate with key stakeholders including with other implementing agencies.
• Ability to write reports and reviews and conduct presentations by clearly formulating positions on issues and defending recommendations.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Romanian and Russian.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
DisclaimerApplicant information about UNDP rostersNote: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
Non-discriminationUNDP has a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation and misconduct, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNDP is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer that does not discriminate based on race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status. UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Scam warningThe United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
To apply please follow the link/Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply
Advertisement end date/Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 31 May 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Departamentul Cooperare Internaționala, USM anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist proiecte în Oficiul Proiecte și Granturi
- Manager librărie Cărturești
- Extended deadline: School of Journalism from Moldova: call for proposals for the development and piloting of a new course on "Artificial Intelligence in Newsrooms" for journalists and journalism students
- UNDP Moldova is hiring a Chief engineer to provide technical support and expertise to the project in implementation of energy efficiency and renewable measures under Vacancy no. Qu23/02819
- Qu23/02811: Human Security/ National legal consultant for solid biomass market
- Școala de Jurnalism din Moldova angajează Manager Marketing
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Dniester Project
- U.S. Embassy is hiring an Education Outreach Coordinator
- Координатор Детского Центра Цифрового Обучения, неполный рабочий день, Анений Ной