Let us build a world for children!
The Pestalozzi Children’s Foundation (PCF) is a Swiss non-profit organisation which promotes peaceful cohabitation worldwide by empowering the most marginalised children and adolescents. The Foundation seeks to provide children and youth with access to holistic quality education and to strengthen their intercultural competencies. The Pestalozzi Children’s Village in Trogen (Appenzell Outer-Rhodes) is at the heart of the Foundation and its activities in Switzerland and in twelve countries. Abroad, PCF works with local partner organisations to enable children to access quality education in primary schools, particularly vulnerable children. For more information, please visit https://www.pestalozzi.ch/en
In Moldova, PCF works with local partners, mainly community based local NGOs and schools, to enable children access to quality education. As a response to the refugee crises, PCF Moldova has started a project aiming to support the Ukrainian refugees in Moldova.
Project Officer Emergency/Education 60-80%
The post is based in Chisinau and opened to Moldovan Nationals only.
This position will report to the Country Representative and will be responsible for management of the emergency activities as well as support in other country programme activities.
We are looking for a motivated, reliable and result-oriented individual, committed to learn from peers, willing to travel in the field and with excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit.
Starting date: 15. July 2023, or as soon as possible.
- Management of the emergency interventions
- Support the Country Representative and the Educational Officer in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of other country programme activities
- Direct support to Operational Partners in project management and content issues
- Monitoring and reporting to the Country Representative
- Knowledge management
Full job description is available on our website.
- Professional qualifications
- University degree in social sciences, international relations or related field
- At least 3 years' experience in international cooperation
- Experience in emergency projects
- Experience in the fields of education and child rights
- Experience in project cycle management
- Excellent command of Romanian and English (oral and written), good knowledge of Russian
- Administrative and computer skills (basic Office applications)
- Personal qualifications
- reliable, accurate, methodical
- open minded and able to work with others in a multicultural setting
- good leadership skills
- goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative, motivated
- able and willing to learn
- able to communicate well and work in a team
- able to deal constructively with criticism and conflicts
PCF's actions are based on the principles of human and child rights. The foundation has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with its values and its commitment for protecting human and child rights, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of power and discrimination. PCF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. Therefore, all selected candidates undergo reference and background checks and all employees are required to sign PCF's Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application in pdf per e-mail, including a motivation letter in English (max.1 page), a recent CV (max. 3 pages), two recent references, work certificates, copy of diplomas and the salary expectations, no later than 31.May, 2023 to:
Martin Jenni, Finance and Administration Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state in the subject line “Application for Project Officer Emergency/Education”.
For further information or questions, please contact: Natalia Balta, Country Representative of Moldova, Email: email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted for interviews. Applications received through means other than the address given above will not be considered. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Interviews will take place in Chisinau in the weeks of 12.06. 2023 and 19.06. 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de reglementarea prudențială
- Norwegian Refugee Council is looking for ICLA Officer Moldova Chisinau
- Termen extins: Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unei companii sociologice în vederea elaborării studiului sociologic „Bărbații și egalitatea de gen în Republica Moldova 2024”
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Data for Impact hires High-Level Performance Management Advisor
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Legal Consultant in regulation of food service industry sector
- AO HELP angajează Comunicator/comunicatoare și relații cu publicul