Do you have experience in the implementation of co-operation projects? Are you passionate about supporting the Republic of Moldova in the field of combating hate crime and in promoting equality and diversity in the society? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an international organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The project “Enhancing diversity and equality in the Republic of Moldova” aims at enhancing diversity and equality in the country, by reinforcing the capacities of local public institutions and civil society to tackle hate crime, raising public awareness and setting up support for victims, advocating for an improved legal framework, and strengthening the capacities of law enforcement particularly at local level.
As a Project Officer you will:
- Contribute to the development of the project´s workplan and other relevant documents;
- Contribute to the organisation, co-ordination and implementation of the project activities in accordance with the workplan and its calendar of activities and in close co-ordination with the project team in headquarters (HQ) as well as in close co-operation with local partners, stakeholders and consultants - seeking maximum impact and effectiveness having regard to the Council of Europe’s standards, core values and priorities; report any problems encountered; suggests priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- Contribute to the preparation and drafting of documents (e.g. reports, terms of reference for different contractual engagements that are aimed at implementing relevant project activities; briefings, speaking notes, relevant meeting documentation and draft minutes; mission reports related to project activities, official speeches etc;), including editing documents prepared both in English and in Romanian;
- Ensure the implementation of procurement procedures required in the context of preparation of project activities and ensure the verification of purchase files, draft contracts and payment documents, including close budgetary follow-up of all project expenditures in accordance with Council of Europe regulations and procedures and the donor’s requirements;
- Contribute to raising the visibility of the project by drafting web news items and press releases, by disseminating information and by providing advice and input on publications;
- Contribute to the efficient functioning of the Council of Europe Office in Chisinau and regularly inform the Head of the Office and Deputy Head of Office about the implementation of the project and co-ordinate your work within the broader framework of the overall activities of the Council of Europe Office in Chisinau;
- Promote the Council of Europe values internally and externally;
- Undertake official journeys in connection with the project activities;
- Perform any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a university degree in political sciences, international relations, human rights, law, economy or a related field;
- have a minimum of three years of relevant professional experience at a national or international level in the field of anti-discrimination, combating hate crime and/or promotion of diversity and equality and experience in providing technical assistance on issues related to human rights and rule of law;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of English;
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe and fulfil the conditions for appointment to the civil service of that state;
- have discharged any obligation concerning national service (military, civil or comparable);
- not be the parent, child, stepchild or grandchild of a serving staff member of the Council of Europe;
- be under the age of 65 years.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
- Professional and technical expertise:
- good knowledge of Council of Europe and other international standards in the fields of anti-discrimination, combating hate crimes, promotion of diversity and equality;
- sound knowledge of the political and human rights situation in the country, especially at the local level, including the human rights situation of vulnerable groups;
- good computer skills or standard tools in office applications (word processing, data bases, presentation software, outlook, excel)
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Creativity and innovation
- Teamwork and co-operation
- Relationship building
- Drafting skills
These would be an asset:
- Professional and technical expertise: knowledge of specific project management tools (Project Management Methodology, logframes, risk monitoring, etc.);
- Previous professional experience in an international environment;
- Service orientation
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contract at grade B4. Employment is limited to the duration of the project which is expected to end on 14 September 2024. The first contract is limited to 31 December 2023, and it may be extended. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of €1515.57 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation and you will be affiliated to a Council of Europe pension scheme. You will also benefit from private medical insurance, 32 working days leave per year and other benefits (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
This recruitment procedure is carried out in accordance with Rule No. 1234 of 15 December 2005 laying down the conditions of recruitment and employment of locally recruited temporary staff members working in Council of Europe Duty Stations located outside of France. If your profile matches our needs and you are not recruited straight away, you may be placed on a list of eligible candidates.
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 23 May 2023 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
Only applicants who best meet the abovementioned criteria will be considered for the next stage, which may consist of assessments and/or an interview. Further information on the assessment process will be provided to the selected candidates in due course.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Communication consultant (full-time position) under Moldova Higher Education Project (deadline extension)
- Caritas Cehia în Moldova anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert (e) în livrarea unei sesiuni de instruire privind furnizarea de servicii medico-sociale pentru persoanele cu boala Alzheimer și demență
- Assessment officer (REACH)
- Selectarea responsabilului tehnic pentru recepția lucrărilor de înființare/reabilitare a învelișurilor de ierburi și plantațiilor forestiere
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de contabil principal responsabil de operațiunile de logistică
- A.O. „The Moldova Project” angajează specialist în Achiziții
- Editura Știința angajează Designer grafică-machetator
- Selectarea unui expert/ă în monitorizare și evaluare a activităților de proiect
- Posturi vacante ANRE (termen limită 20.10.2023)