UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- Briefly describe the context and where the position fits into the office/project/unit structure
- Include relevant background information and objectives of the unit/project
- Briefly describe how the required services will contribute to the work/objectives of the unit/project
- If applicable, explain any specific challenges around the unit, project and/or work required (e.g., security risks involved in conducting the work in certain communities, certain cultures and practices unique to the stakeholders, etc.)
The fifth phase of EU Confidence Building Measures Programme, funded by the European Union and implemented by UNDP has the overall objective to contribute to the facilitation of the settlement of the Transnistrian conflict by supporting the increase of confidence between Chisinau and Tiraspol through joint initiatives involving local authorities, civil society organizations and other stakeholders from both sides of the river.
The overall objective of the programme is to contribute to the facilitation of the settlement of the Transnistrian conflict by supporting the increase of confidence between Chisinau and Tiraspol through joint initiatives involving local authorities, civil society organizations and other stakeholders from both sides of the river.
- To contribute to economic and social development by ensuring a more equal access to the opportunities provided by the AA and its DCFTA and integration between the two banks of the Nistru River;
- To tackle the growing disparity between the Transnistrian Region and the rest of the country by supporting local development and CSOs;
- To continue supporting the sectoral rapprochement in pilot sectors (i.e. Culture and others) and to progressively include Transnistria in Moldovan-wide development initiatives in order to facilitate the future reintegration while limiting the development gap between both banks;
- To support the activities of media on both banks of Nistru river through common media production.
The programme will represent a framework for engaging in development interventions across the security zone on both sides of the Nistru River, comprising a series of activities that will strengthen, regularize and intensify interaction between otherwise divided societies, aiming to establish this interaction as a norm.
The programme will represent a framework for engaging in development interventions across the security zone on both sides of the Nistru River, in line with agreements reached in the 5+2 negotiation process. As such, it is comprised of a series of activities that will strengthen, regularize and intensify interaction between otherwise divided societies, aiming to establish this interaction as a norm. It looks to deal strategically with barriers to cooperation experienced by all development cooperation actors working in Transnistria by building the trust towards such actions and broadening opportunities for engagement for a wide range of actors. Special focus will be given to balancing the actual support of the programme to communities on both banks of the Nistru River.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Associate in close cooperation with the project team, under the direct guidance and supervision of the Programme Manager, will ensure the provision of project support services of the highest quality and standards to the project team, UNDP Country Office, as well as national counterparts and clients.
- Assume overall responsibility for the coordination of project administrative matters;
- Contribute to project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and work plans;
- Monitor compliance with both UNDP and Donor standards and ensure the corresponding quality control;
- Provide advice to the project team on administrative issues and financial issues;
- Maintain records on all project personnel and consultants, including their respective status (e.g. contracts, ToRs and reports, etc.) in accordance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies under UNDP HR procedures;
- Undertake other administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate rules of UNDP in the field of financial planning, reporting, and auditing;
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Produce relevant operational and financial reports according to UNDP rules and procedures;
- Respond to queries from the UNDP and SDC with respect to financial aspects of the programme, liaise with UNDP-appointed and external auditors wherever required;
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments, as well as proposals for budget revisions;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and other reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Perform necessary checks of the financial reports submitted by sub-contracted project implementers;
- Advise and assist international and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
- Provide advice to the team on project financial issues;
- Undertake other financial tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Organize procurement processes in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Elaborate the Project’s procurement plan and monitor its implementation;
- Process transactions in Quantum, in line with the Internal Control Framework;
- Prepare and issue project contracts;
- Prepare and oversee the Project’s asset inventory.
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Manager, the Project Associate will work directly with the EU-CBM V Programme team to provide project support and quality assurance to ensure successful implementation of the EU CBM V Programme.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Business Development - Knowledge Generation:
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge relevant for content, or responsive to a stated need
- Business Management - Working with Evidence and Data:
- Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
- Administration and Operations - Travel policy and procedures:
- Knowledge of travel policy and procedures; ability to interpret travel policy, the Staff Rules, administrative circulars and financial regulations and rules on travel- related matter
- Finance - Accounting (General):
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
- Finance - Budget Management:
- Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets.
- Finance - Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector.
- Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring.
- Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including nonfinancial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance.
- Finance - Management and cost accounting:
- Ability to produce periodic qualitative and quantitative performance reports to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring.
- Ability to use a range of costing techniques and analyse cost related data to provide quantitative information to the users of reports.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, accounting, business administration, human resources or other related fields is desired.
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) in accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area.
- Proven experience in a similar position in UN Agencies is desired.
- Experience in development assistance or related work for a development organization, consulting company, or NGO is desired.
- Fluency in English and Romanian (oral and written) is required.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language is desired.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Additional training and/or certification in financial management and/or accounting would be an advantage.
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 26 May 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Departamentul Cooperare Internaționala, USM anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist proiecte în Oficiul Proiecte și Granturi
- Asociația Investitorilor din România angajează Coordonator de proiecte
- Manager Call Centru
- Junior Recruiter at HR-Consulting
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - EU Confidence Building Measures Programme, funded by the European Union, 11003
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- Институт Обучения в Развитии "MilleniuM" ищет офис-менеджера
- The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer
- Project Assistant Job at the American Chamber of Commerce
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui expert(e) pentru realizarea unei evaluări inițiale a percepției egalității de gen în 10 raioane selectate