UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Background and Organizational Context
The UN Human Rights Office (Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights – OHCHR) represents the world's commitment to universal ideals of human dignity. It has a unique mandate from the international community to promote and protect all human rights.
OHCHR field presence in Moldova assists the UN RC Office, UN Country Team in Moldova, the state authorities and civil society in promoting human rights and implementing a human rights-based approach. It works closely with the UNCT on capacity building and mainstreaming human rights in their work, as well as providing support in their engagement with national actors on human rights, including advising national authorities upon request. The field presence works with the state authorities and civil society in supporting their engagement with the international human rights mechanisms as well as the state’s efforts in implementing international human rights obligations, by inter alia building their capacity, providing expert advice, and facilitating coordination.
This position is located in the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Moldova. The incumbent will work under the guidance and direct supervision of the Human Rights Adviser.
The incumbent will work in close collaboration with other members of OHCHR for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex program/project-related issues and information delivery.
In his/her work the incumbent is expected to manifest organizational awareness, self-discipline and to keep track of the deadlines for the activities assigned. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with applicable programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
1.) Effective coordination and monitoring of assigned programme implementation activities
- Provides assistance in support of various aspects of programme planning, performance, implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the office administered work and cost plans, ensuring timeliness and correctness of outputs prepared by the Office and tracking time-sensitive tasks assigned to the Office;
- Provides inputs to the Performance Monitoring System as required;
- Serves as focal point for the coordination and monitoring of assigned programme implementation activities;
2.) Effective communication and reporting in programme coordination
Example of Duties: - Drafts correspondence and communications related to all aspects of programme planning, implementation, administration and management;
- Arranges meetings, makes appointments, receives visitors and contributes to managing the agenda and calendar of activities of the Office;
- Receives, assesses and refers telephone and personal inquiries to the Head of Office and manages incoming and out-going correspondence of the Office for approval and signature by the Head;
- Proof-reads and edits correspondence and other documents for action by the Head of Office;
- Drafts inputs to various reports produced by the Office;
- Provides support in the area of public information, media monitoring and communication;
- Develops, maintains and updates the electronic filing system of the Office’s management share-drive, joint calendar;
- Generates various periodic and ad hoc reports and other background material to facilitate inspection and other reviews;
3.) Effective knowledge sharing
- Provides guidance and training to staff supporting the Office;
- Performs other duties as required.
The incumbent performs other duties within their functional profile as deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the Office and the Organisation.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities: n/a
Expected Demonstration of Competencies
LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility
LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner
LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Project Management Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and ambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels
Monitoring Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
Customer Satisfaction/Client Management Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs. Provide inputs to the development of customer service strategy. Look for ways to add value beyond clients' immediate requests. Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
Working with Evidence and Data Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Digital & Innovation
Social Media Knowledge of social media and ability to advise the
use of social media for development outcomes
Programme and Policy
Rule of Law, Security and Human Rights Human Rights Mainstreaming
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• University (Bachelors) Degree is desired.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- A minimum of six (6) years with high-school degree or three (3) years of experience with bachelor’s degree of progressively responsible work experience in programme implementation is required.
• Direct work experience on human rights issues would be a considerable asset.
• Experience with the UN Common System is an asset.
• Experience in the area of public information or communications is an advantage.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
• Fluency in oral and written English, Russian and Romanian is a must. Knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian is an advantage.
Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant as fost extins: 01 May 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de reglementarea prudențială
- Norwegian Refugee Council is looking for ICLA Officer Moldova Chisinau
- Termen extins: Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs pentru selectarea unei companii sociologice în vederea elaborării studiului sociologic „Bărbații și egalitatea de gen în Republica Moldova 2024”
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care
- Data for Impact hires High-Level Performance Management Advisor
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Legal Consultant in regulation of food service industry sector
- AO HELP angajează Comunicator/comunicatoare și relații cu publicul