Moldova Future Technologies Activity
Funded by USAID, Sweden, and UKaid
Digital Transformation Lead
01. PROJECT OVERVIEW
The Future Technologies Activity (FTA) continues USAID, Sweden, and UKaid’s legacy of sector competitiveness programming, building on lessons learned and adaptions, relationships, and local partner trust achieved by previous programs over the past 15 years. Building on previous successes in facilitating the development of diverse local partners, FTA uses a global market systems framework to continue to build capacity for sustainable, systemic progress while applying best practices to new partners and sectors. FTA co-creates systemic interventions with Moldovan partners to transform selected sectors by applying new technologies, promoting innovation, and integrating with global markets. FTA focuses on infusing digitalization, innovation and creativity, and sustainability across all sectors, with a particular focus on urban-based technology-enabled sectors including: light manufacturing, information and communication technology (ICT), engineering, creative industries, and digital media.
02. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Digital Transformation Lead will assist Moldovan private sector companies to identify and implement solutions for digitalization, working closely with sector stakeholders to scale digitalization initiatives to help as many companies as possible to invest in digital solutions to increase competitiveness, productivity, value addition, and market access.
03. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with technical team to co-create and manage digital transformation interventions with partners including government ministries and agencies, business associations, innovation centers, universities, international and local companies, and other system actors.
- Leads implementation of new and ongoing FTA programs for digitalization and development of SMEs including joint programs with various public and private stakeholders.
- Works with technology service providers and vendors to identify solutions/expertise for digitalization of private sector companies that are supported by FTA and other partners, especially those in traditional sectors.
- Translates business needs into associated functional requirements and understand solutions that will incorporate these requirements.
- Monitors trends for digitalization in various industries and provide recommendations, as well as expertise for implementation.
- Ensures digital transformation activities are aligned with the overall FTA timeline and key milestones.
- Collaborates with sector stakeholders and other partners to scale successful initiatives.
- Promotes cross-sectoral collaboration and integration of cross-cutting themes into interventions such as gender and social inclusion, digitalization, sustainability, etc.
- Conducts regular quality control checks of implemented interventions.
- Facilitates data collection, monitoring, and adaptation and learning with partners.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in a consulting or industry role, with experience in digital transformation or, business process reengineering or, improvement of business environment or private sector development.
- Experience managing the implementation of IT solutions, processes optimizations or reforms in private or public organizations.
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies and tools.
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with various industry stakeholders including the private sector, academia, the Government of Moldova, donors, and others.
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness/ability to travel throughout Moldova, as needed, to deliver on the assignment.
- Experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
05. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Digital Transformation Lead” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Peace Corps: Training Assistant
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- Deadline extended: UNFPA Programme Analyst on SRH, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- Project Associate - Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector in the Republic of Moldova
- UNICEF Moldova: Construction Specialist, NO-C (TA, #364 days)_for Moldova nationals only
- UNDP Moldova: Procurement Associate (NPSA7) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Project Analyst (NPSA-8) - Digital Transformation in Public Sector Project
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului (ODA) anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de specialist principal în relații publice, Secția marketing și comunicare
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)