National IT Expert (SSA) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
- Requisition ID: MOL000012
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: MOL - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Issue Date: Feb 27, 2023
- Closing Date: Apr 10, 2023
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
- Job Field: Human Rights
The OSCE Mission to Moldova is looking for a NATIONAL IT SPECIALIST to draft technical specifications for the development of an interactive e-learning tool for the optional school course “The Holocaust: History and Lessons of Life”.
Based on the OSCE Ministerial Council Decision No. 12/04, “Tolerance and Non-Discrimination”, the OSCE participating States have committed to “promote remembrance of and, as appropriate, education about the tragedy of the Holocaust, and the importance of respect for all ethnic and religious groups.” It is generally recognized that Holocaust education can play an important role in efforts to combat anti-Semitism. Promoting Holocaust remembrance and education was a key element of the OSCE Berlin Declaration adopted in 2004 and is especially important in those countries where the Holocaust occurred and where its scars are still visible, as is the case for the Republic of Moldova.
Within the Mission’s mandate, the Human Rights Programme (HuR) assists the Moldovan authorities in streamlining diversity and tolerance through education in schools, and promoting non-discrimination and inclusiveness. In particular, the Mission has been assisting the Ministry of Education and Research in creating the necessary conditions for proper teaching of the history of the Holocaust in the local context, and the role of national minorities in Moldova’s history. As a part of this effort, the Mission provided expert support for the development of the curriculum and methodological package (printed teacher’s guide and pupils’ workbook) for the optional school course “The Holocaust: History and Lessons of Life” for pupils of 9-12 grades, in accordance with Moldova’s Action Plan on Holocaust Remembrance and Education for 2021-2024.
As of the beginning of 2023, the didactical package of this optional school course includes a paper-based teachers’ guide and pupils’ workbook. This year, the Mission aims at making the course more accessible and sustainable through the creation of a complimentary e-learning tool. The interactive e-learning tool will enhance and diversify the didactical package and allow for an improved self-study experience. The 15 modules of the methodological package shall be covered through at least five interactive e-learning sections by the end of this year’s efforts. For the technical development of the tool, the Mission will hire an IT company based on an open tender procedure. Up to four local experts on Holocaust education will develop the content and provide methodological guidance to the IT specialists.
To this end, the Mission seeks to engage an IT Specialist to draft technical specifications for the said tender procedure.
The OSCE is committed to achieving a better balance of women and men within the Organization.
Successful applicants under this vacancy notice will be added to a roster of persons eligible for temporary contracts with the mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Study the existing methodological materials for the optional school course “The Holocaust: History and Lessons of Life” (to be provided by the Mission);
- Conduct desk review of existing relevant online learning tools for school pupils in the field of history or other fields, map out potential e-learning development platforms;
- Identify the optimal development platform / learning management system (LMS) and other technical details to successfully create an e-learning tool that ensures proper interactivity and immersive nature of the online course;
- Draft technical specifications of tender documentation (in Romanian or English language) for the IT company to be contracted to develop an interactive e-learning resource targeted at pupils in the 9-12 grades, supplementing the existing methodological package (exact modules to be agreed upon with the Mission). The e-learning resource should have at least the following functions:
- Interactive text and photo material, combined with multiple choice tests and flashcards;
- Interactive maps, with possibility to click on locations and retrieve photo and text;
- End-of-lesson assignments for pupils;
- Integration of short educational video clips and audio recordings;
- Links to related pages for further recommended reading;
- Opportunity to retrieve internal statistics on number of page visits/completed online lessons;
- The course shall be available in two languages (Romanian and Russian).
All materials developed under this ToR need to be shared by the IT Specialist with the Mission for final approval in due time.
Duration of Assignment:
The duration of the consultancies will depend on the specific projects/activities
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova.
- Advanced degree in IT sciences, education, social sciences or other related field;
- At least two years of relevant IT experience;
- Proven experience in drawing up technical specifications for online learning tools and/or other similar IT solutions;
- Excellent communication skills, punctuality, demonstrated analytical skills as well as maturity of judgment;
- Fluency in Romanian, advanced knowledge of English; Russian is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Very dedicated to work undertaken;
- Self-disciplined and responsible to deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Remuneration will be based on the selected consultant's/expert's qualifications, experience, the tasks and deliverables for this position and in accordance with the OSCE established rates.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Pestalozzi Children's Foundation from Moldova is looking for the Project Officer Emergency/Education 60-80%
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy 'Engineer for Barnahus-type services'
- The U.S. Embassy is hiring a Housing Coordinator
- AAH is looking for a Logistics Assistant
- UNFPA Programme Associate, Chisinau, Moldova, FTA, GS-7
- Project Assistant, Case Management, Adjudications (IOM Moldova)
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Security Guard (NPSA3) - Common Services Account Project
- National Programme Officer (SB4.4) on HIV/AIDS prevention and care