Call for expression of interest - Secretariat staff – Commission 2 Vetting - Moldova
Call for expression of interest
Secretariat staff – Commission 2 Vetting - Moldova
In 2021, the government of the Republic of Moldova started the justice sector reform, aiming to ensure integrity and accountability of justice sector stakeholders and to increase society’s trust in the justice sector. As part of the justice sector reform, the government decided to conduct an extraordinary vetting exercise of judges and prosecutors, to improve the integrity in the justice sector.
This vetting process is a unique endeavour for the Moldovan society. It is a thorough and tough process that can happen only once in a good way. It asks a lot of society: there might be temporarily limited capacity in the justice sector, and it can have substantial consequences for personal careers. Yet it is also a historic process, that works towards the betterment of the Moldovan justice sector and will therefore have positive impact on Moldovan society in the end.
Subject to the adoption of necessary legislation in Moldova, this vetting process takes place in three steps with three commissions:
Commission 1: the pre-vetting. This Commission started its work in 2022 and focuses on pre-vetting the candidates to the Superior Council of the Magistracy and the Superior Council of Prosecution. The pre-vetting procedures are ongoing.
Commission 2: the vetting of judges. This Commission is expected to start its work in Spring/Summer 2023 and focuses on the vetting of judges.
Commission 3: the vetting of prosecutors. This Commission is expected to start its work in Summer/Fall 2023 and focuses on vetting the prosecution service.
Each Commission consists of three international members and three national members, and is supported by a Secretariat, comprising analysts/investigators and support staff (administrative, PR, ICT, translators/interpreters).
The Center for International Legal Cooperation (CILC) is assigned by the European Commission and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to facilitate the Commission on the vetting of judges (also known as ‘Commission 2’) and its Secretariat. CILC is now starting to build a team of professionals to staff this Secretariat. This call for experts aims to create a shortlist of motivated and qualified people for the following positions:
Lot 1: Head of Secretariat
Lot 2: Senior analysts/investigators
Lot 3: Analysts/investigators: legal, financial and assets
Lot 4: Legal/administrative assistants to the Commission members
Lot 5: Public relations officers/spokesperson
Lot 6: ICT administrator
Lot 7: Translators and interpreters Romanian/English/Russian
The specific number of staff will be determined based on the emerging needs of the Commission.
More information can be found in the documents below:
- Terms of reference_Positions Secretariat 2_RO.pdf
- Terms of reference_Positions Secretariat 2_EN.pdf
- Declaration on honour_RO.docx
- Declaration on honour_EN.docx
- Tender clarification
Please note: the terms of reference stipulates the overall conditions applicable to all positions and the specific requirements per position.
The objective of this call for expression of interests is to set up a list of motivated and qualified experts that can staff the Secretariat for the vetting of judges. Legal persons are invited to submit an expression of interest only for the lots of the ICT administrator and translator/interpreter. Based on the expressions of interest, CILC will draw up a list of experts who meet the criteria.
Expressions of interest can be submitted via email only, via email@example.com. Applications submitted to other mail addresses will be excluded from consideration. Required documents include:
- Current CV – in English and/or Romanian.
- Three professional references including name, title, email address and phone number.
- A signed declaration on honour.
- In case of legal persons for ICT administrator and translator/interpreter: a price offer.
Please include in the subject of the email for which lot (e.g. which position) you express your interest.
The expressions of interest will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The list resulting from this call is valid until 2025. Interested people may submit an application at any time up until November 2024.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an (online) interview procedure and a written test. A security clearance will be part of the recruitment procedure.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- Termen extins: APSCF contractează prestator servicii de consultanță privind elaborarea politicii de salarizare
- Termeni de referință. Concurs de selectare a 2 consultanți-formatori/ consultante-formatoare care vor realiza un program de abilitare privind aplicarea Metodologiei cu privire la prevenirea și combaterea bullyingului pentru profesioniștii/istele
- Termen extins: Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în elaborarea de metodologie și livrare de training în domeniul colectării de fonduri
- Extended: UN Women Programme Associate (Open for Moldova Nationals Only)
- Termen extins: APSCF contractează prestator servicii de consultanță privind elaborarea manualului de resurse umane
- Pestalozzi Children's Foundation from Moldova is looking for the Project Officer Emergency/Education 60-80%
- Relansare: Manager, Centrul de monitorizare a traficului
- UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- ADDI anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de Asistent/ă de proiecte (part-time)