Acted is hiring Infrastructure Assistant
ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. Its activities range from emergency relief to development projects. With a team of 5,900 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED is active in 41 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year, reaching over 20 million beneficiaries. The unprecedented humanitarian disaster faced by the Ukrainians is taking a dramatic turn, and millions of people are displaced in various areas. ACTED helps ensuring they can receive the basic support they need, including water, food and hot meals, blankets, hygiene supplies and access to mobile heating points.
ACTED is fully mobilized in Moldova and needs your help!
ACTED has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH) and ensures that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited. All candidates will be subject to satisfactory references and screening checks in line with legal requirements. Any candidate offered a job will sign ACTED’s Code of Conduct and related policies as part of their work contract. All staff are expected to abide by the standards of behaviour outlined in those documents.
Please note that any candidate offered a job will sign the Code of Conduct, and related policies, as part of their work contract. Misconduct can lead to dismissal.
ACTED is looking for a Infrastructure Assistant.
Deadline to apply: 14.04.2023
A significant level of multitasking and a highly proactive approach to work are essential for success in this role. The role is focused on providing efficient and effective assistance for Line Manager to implementation infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will be based in Chisinau but will visit Edinet and other areas where ACTED will be implementing its projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Infrastructure Officer, the Infrastructure Assistant shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Support and assist the management of relationships with partners, contractors and service providers, ensuring that they have sound understanding of ACTED project management regulations and processes.
- Assistance the project designs and follow-up actions for project acceptance.
- Coordination supporting with the other project personnel and the works contractors.
- Monitoring project implementation of performance to ensure that progress is made according to agreed timelines, quality, and costs.
- Resolving issues and problems within its abilities that may arise in the implementation of projects.
- Draft project related documents, proposals, and other documents on infrastructure projects.
- Perform other duties as required by the Line Manager.
- Academic qualifications in a Bachelor’s, Master’s course in an infrastructure-related field (e.g. civil engineering). However, this requirement may be substituted by a degree in other fields (e.g. international relations, business, administrative management, etc.) plus progressively responsible work experience in infrastructure projects or project management.
- Language Skills Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian is required.
- Computer Literacy: Mastery of Microsoft Office 2010, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to draft a range of documents.
- Work experience 1 year experience in infrastructure, project management, partnerships or business development-related work is desired.
Benefits: Official employment from first day, International organization, additional paid leaves, Opportunities for growth, Competitive salary, Satisfaction from achieved results and supporting refugees, improving English skills working with international staff, Fresh fruit mix in the office, Psychological support through sessions.
In order to apply for this position please follow the below sample suggestions:
- CV with no more than 1-4 pages in ENGLISH language - named as First_Last_Name_ desired position_CV;
- Send Letter of intention name as - First_LastName_desired position_Letter of Intention.
Please apply only if you are able to work full time.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least two references, including the line manager during your last job. Family members are to be excluded.
ACTED - reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- EcoContact: International Legal Expert to provide support in development of the Guideline on Appropriate Assessment of Habitats Directive
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant decontări interbancare
- Plan International is hiring for Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
- Communications Officer
- Project Specialist (IOM)
- National Procurement and Materials Management Officer (NP1) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova: Building sustainable and inclusive peace, strengthening trust and social cohesion in Moldova
- Graphic Designer
- Manager servicii de plasament de tip rezidențial copii în cadrul A.O.„CONCORDIA. Proiecte sociale”