Plan International is hiring Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Who are Plan International?
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years and are now active in more than 70 countries.
How have Plan International responded to the Ukraine Crisis?
Since March 2022, Plan International has been responding to the crisis in partnership with civil society organisations in Poland, Romania, and Moldova to meet the needs of those affected by the crisis as well as host communities, and we are also extending operations in Ukraine itself.
We are supporting an integrated education and child protection response, incorporating mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), with cash and voucher assistance (CVA) as a modality.
What can you bring?
We know that this crisis will have devastating long-term effects on women and children in the region and Plan International will play a vital role in responding to these needs as we continue to establish operations in each of the four countries. We plan to transition from the current support provided globally by Plan International’s teams to locally based, longer term staffing.
Therefore, we're looking for candidates with the pre-existing right to work in Moldova to join our team as a MERL Specialist for 12 months (potential to extend).
If you have a background in monitoring, evaluation and research– we can’t wait to hear from you! Humanitarian experience is not essential.
- Provide technical MERL leadership and advice to Plan partners and stakeholders, acting as the external relations focal point for the Ukraine Response, Moldova mission.
- Lead the development of project MERL frameworks and plans in coordination with in-country partners.
- Lead the development and review of MERL partner project tools and strategic instruments as aligned to the Plan Global MERL Policy.
- Lead on data monitoring, dissemination and processing for the Moldova mission to internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures all MERL work has a strong gender focus in line with Plan International’s Global Strategy.
- Ensure that the different capacities, vulnerabilities and coping mechanisms of girls and boys are considered and analysed.
- Socialise the MERL Chapter of the Emergency Response Program Manual for use in the Moldova mission, Ukrainian Response.
- Support preparedness activities across all response locations.
- Develop M&E capacity building plans and provide training, coaching and mentorship to program staff and partners.
- Identify key data visualisation approaches to maintain profile of the response activities and to support learning and improvements.
- Capacitate staff and partners to collect quantitative and qualitative data, ensuring disaggregation by sex, age, and disability.
- Provide MERL input to the regular response sitreps.
- Foster use of the Child friendly Complaints and Feedback Mechanism toolkit and the Adolescent Consultations toolkits to meaningfully involve children, adolescents and young people throughout the response phases.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant government departments, UN agencies and NGOs.
- Actively contribute to M&E Coordination Mechanisms. Support partner organisations take a co-leadership role in relevant Working Groups as and when requested by partners.
- Establish/maintain new/existing relationships with key donors
- Provide MERL advice and input for the development and submission of quality proposals and donor reporting products.
- Contribute to relevant global advocacy and policy objectives with documented learning and evidence.
Technical Skills and Knoweldge
- Significant experience in implementing M&E activities in a variety of humanitarian crises, particularly displacement and refugee settings.
- Strong understanding of implementing processes, approaches, tools and methodologies that facilitate and deliver M&E in these context, and organizational learning, that is up to date with best practices in the sector.
- A theoretical and practical understanding of gender attitudes and power dynamics, including why they exist and how they change, and how these attitudes and dynamics shape MERL approaches and methodologies.
- Experience providing M&E technical support to teams and partner organisations.
- Experience of capacity building with a variety of audiences.
- Able to analyse large amounts of data and generate powerful reports and information from them.
- Understand and consistently apply ethical MER practices
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English, written and spoken
Who are we looking for?
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and idea.
This position is open to Moldovan nationals only.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based in our office in Chișinău, Moldova
Why join Plan International?
It’s an exciting time to join as we shape our longer-term strategy and presence within each of the response countries. You’ll have a direct impact on women and children affected by the conflict in Ukraine.
Closing date: 15th September 2022
Please note, interviews will take place on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to close this advert once sufficient applications are received. During our emergency response, there may be a delay in hearing from us; at Plan International we appreciate the time invested in application processes and aim to respond to every candidate in due course.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
Apply on our webiste: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job-invite/46162/
Closing Date: 23 March 2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Persoana de serviciu/ Centru de Educaţie Preşcolara com. Stăuceni
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA6) - Sustainable and Resilient Communities through Women Empowerment Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de consilier juridic Direcția avizare juridică și contencios
- Angajăm Șef/ă Centrul de Tineret Botanica
- Fundația Soros Moldova angajează Ofițer de Programe în domeniul Anticorupției. Termen-limită extins.
- Acted is hiring ITC Assistant – Chisinau
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Officer Cash for Rent
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal evaluare riscuri financiare
- Solidarity Fund PL în Moldova angajează Specialist/ă Management Intern
- Asociația Obștească CCF Moldova anunță concurs extins de angajare a unui coordonator/unei coordonatoare de formare pe domeniul abilităților digitale