Partnership for Good Governance III – Enhancing the anti-money laundering and asset recovery regime in the Republic of Moldova is hiring a Senior Project Officer. Through the Partnership for Good Governance (PGG) the European Union and the Council of Europe are working together to strengthen governance in the Eastern Partnership region. The PGG provides tailor-made support to Eastern Partnership countries to bring legislation and practice closer to European standards in the fields of human rights, rule of law and democracy.
The PGG III is planned to start on 1st of March 2023 and will last for 36 months. Beneficiaries and counterparts include governmental bodies at all levels, notably specialized structures within the Ministries of Justice, Interior and Finance; anti-corruption bodies; Judicial and Prosecutorial Services, supervisory bodies; Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs), and representatives of civil society. According to reports issued by Council of Europe monitoring bodies (GRECO and MONEYVAL), as well as EU Progress Reports, all countries in the region continue to suffer from weaknesses in their respective corruption/money laundering/terrorist financing prevention and suppression systems.
The PGG III project aims to provide support to the Republic of Moldova to enhance the effectiveness of measures against money laundering and terrorist financing. The project also seeks to consolidate the capacities of dedicated structures in the field of asset recovery and parallel financial investigations.
As a Senior Project Officer, you will:
- plan, organise, co-ordinate, implement and follow up on project activities in accordance with the project workplan and calendar of activities, in close co-ordination with the project team in Chisinau and in headquarters (HQ) and in co-operation with local partners and stakeholders; report problems encountered; suggest priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- establish and develop effective contacts and liaise with local stakeholders and project consultants as regards the implementation of project activities;
- regularly inform the Head of the Council of Europe Office about the implementation of the Project and co-ordinate your work within the broader framework of the overall activities of the Council of Europe Office in Chisinau;
- advise and brief the management in HQ on progress of the project implementation and other project-related issues; assist in the event of an evaluation or audit of the project;
- ensure quality and relevance of project outputs; suggest adjustments as necessary;
- ensure office management and organise the work of assistants;
- draft and provide elements to all project related reports (activity and progress reports, mission reports, information notes, briefings, contributions, etc.) within set deadlines;
- contribute to raising the visibility of the project by drafting web news items and press releases, by disseminating information and by providing advice and input on publications, in line with the Project’s communication and visibility plan;
- co-ordinate and contribute to the financial, administrative and technical implementation of the Project and ensure close budgetary follow-up of all project expenditures, in accordance with regulations, procedures and donor requirements;
- select local service providers and negotiate contracts in consultation with headquarters;
- undertake official journeys in connection with the project activities;
- performs any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a University degree or qualification in law, economics, political sciences, public administration, international relations or related field;
- have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant professional experience in management of technical assistance projects focusing on international cooperation in criminal matters, the fight against economic and organised crime, or at least 5 years of experience in public sector institutions working in related fields to those mentioned above;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two official languages of the Council of Europe (English);
- be a citizen of one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contract at grade B5. Employment is limited to 31 December 2023 and may be extended until the end of the project, based on satisfactory performance. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1803,52 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation and you will be affiliated to a Council of Europe pension scheme. You will also benefit from private medical insurance, 32 working days leave per year and other benefits (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 23 March 2023 (midnight French time). Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system. By connecting to our website www.coe.int/jobs you can create and submit your online application. Please fill out the online application form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill in an application form, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Enumerator - Chișinău
- Project Assistant (NPSA-5) - UNDP Moldova Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)
- Plan International is hiring MERL Specialist
- Plan International is hiring Partnerships Officer
- Project Associate - OHCHR component of the Building sustainable and inclusive peace, strengthening trust and social cohesion in Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, supravegherea și monitorizarea sistemelor și instrumentelor de plată
- United Nations World Food Programme - Moldova: Business Support Associate SC6 (Assistant to the Country Director).
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, reglementare și licențiere sisteme de plăți
- Concurs de selectare a unei companii/agenții pentru adaptarea și dezvoltarea site-ului web www.centruleducational.md
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă elaborare modele economice