All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role Summary:
The Accountability Officer is responsible for the management of the country’s complaints and feedback mechanism (CFM). The Officer will sit within the M&E Unit that falls under the Programme Unit at the Country Office. The Accountability Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day collection and processing of complaints and/or feedback and will coordinate with the Programme and Support units at the country and area offices to ensures all complaints and/or feedback are addressed within the established timeframes. The position reports directly to the M&E Manager and has dotted relationships with the Area Manager and the Head of Programmes.
- Develop knowledge of NRC’s core competencies in order to effectively attend to and communicate with affected populations in Moldova and Romania.
- Adequately communicate and share general information about NRC’s operations in Moldova and Romania.
- Manage the complaints and feedback system.
- Analyse and produce regular internal (and external) reports on complaints and feedback trends, response procedures, and lessons learnt.
- Support the dissemination of relevant information to affected populations and partners.
- Actively promote NRC’s standards and principles as well as core humanitarian standards within NRC and among affected populations served by NRC.
- Ensure context-appropriate, effective and accessible complaints and feedback mechanisms are in place for the communities we work with by assessing the preferred mechanisms and establishing communication channels to receive and respond to complaints and feedback.
- Support the development of a strategy for CFM promotion internally and externally by developing contextualized IEC materials.
- Support the development of information sharing mechanisms to improve transparency and participation.
- Enhance community engagement through information sharing as well as establishing an effective system that can feed back into projects design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain a secure and confidential complaint and feedback database and records. Ensure all complaints and feedback are captured properly with the relevant information.
- Validate and triangulate complaints and feedback received for accurate and effective resolution.
- Follow up and ensure effective and satisfactory resolution of complaints and handling of complaint within specified timeframe according to the NRC Moldova CFM SOPs.
- Escalate sensitive complaints and/or feedback, sexual exploitation and abuse, child abuse, fraud, and breach of NRC code of conduct, to the Country Director, while ensuring confidentiality.
- Maintain CFM dashboard and provide regular progress reports on complaints to the Country Management Group (CMG), the area management team, M&E Manager and other relevant staff according to NRC reporting procedures.
- Conduct regular field visits to NRC’s project locations (Moldova and Romania) to monitor the implementation and visibility of CFM.
- Train implementing partners on NRC’s complaint and feedback mechanisms and support the roll out of the CFM among partners as needed.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the line manager.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- University degree in social sciences, international development, or other relevant fields.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Experience in the field of accountability and CFM in a humanitarian/recovery context and experience in handling a hotline/helpline is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Strong data management and analytical skills.
- Skills and knowledge of dashboard development, data visualization and presentation.
- Fluency in Russian, knowledge of English, Romanian and Ukrainian, written and oral, will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of, respect and empathy for the communities NRC are working with.
2. Behavioural Competencies:
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working under stress
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
- Apply Before 03/17/2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Alătură-te echipei Technovator
- Call for Applications for the selection of 3 experts for the implementation of the “Securing integrity, efficiency and independence of the justice system in Moldova – #Justice4Moldova” Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert consultant în raportări
- Country Director, HIAS Moldova
- Administrative and Financial Officer at the Alliance of Small and Medium Enterprises from Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Project Associate - Social Worker (2 positions)
- Digital Communication Officer For The International Committee Of The Red Cross Organisation
- Request of Expressions of Interest - Individual consultant for development of an operational guidance on decentralization and rapid initiation of HIV testing and treatment based on Moldova experience
- Asociația judecătorilor din Republica Moldova anunță un concurs pentru funcție Asistent Manager (secretar)