Financial Manager: "Construction of Balti and Cahul Regional Hospitals" Project
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Construction of the Balti and Cahul Regional Hospitals Project
Assignment Title: Financial Manager
The Government of the Republic of Moldova initiated the modernization of the public healthcare system in the country, focusing on building health infrastructure, endowment of health facilities with modern medical devices and reorganization of healthcare services. One of the projects aimed at achieving these goals envisages construction of the Balti Regional Hospital, to be financed by Council of Europe Development Bank (hereinafter referred to as CEB), and of the Cahul Regional Hospital, to be financed by European Investment Bank (hereinafter referred to as EIB).
Ministry of Health (hereinafter referred to as MoH) is the central public authority entrusted to implement the Project’s activities. MoH undertakes to establish a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) with dedicated Consultants, to whom it will delegate the day-to-day management of the Project.
Objective of the assignment: to provide support in maintaining sound financial management arrangements for the Project and the PIU according to the proposed budget and in line with relevant national laws.
The Consultant will fulfill the following tasks:
- Ensure the financial and accounting system is capable of keeping detailed, accurate records;
- Ensure proper authorization and approval for payments;
- Train and assist the Ministries staff in understanding CEB/EIB requirements;
- Ensure proper accounting for assets procured under the project;
- Ensure project activities are accounted for in the statutory accounting system;
- Assist in preparing regular project financial statements for national authorities;
- Assist in disbursing project funds according to prescribed procedures;
- Manage the project Designated Account to ensure timely payments;
Main qualifications required:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, Finance or Economics, Business Administration.
- At least 5 (five) years of progressively responsible experience in financial management related projects implemented by the Governmental Authorities and/or financed by the international financial institutions;
- Professional qualification in management accountancy and related subjects such as AIA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Consultant must have at least 5 years of relevant working experience in Financial Accounting and Reporting function, Auditing and Financials Management. Good knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is welcomed.
- Knowledge of and experience with modern financial management systems requirements.
The consultant will work full-time, Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 17:00 for a total of 5 days per week.
An EoI shall include a resume and a cover letter with work undertaken that best illustrates capability to handle the tasks assigned.
Deadline for submitting the Expressions of Interest is March 11, at 17:00 (local time), via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the assignment title indicated in the subject line.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNFPA Communication Consultant - National Agency for Programs Development and Youth Work
- IRI Moldova - Public Opinion Research Associate Moldova
- Council of Europe Office in Chisinau is hiring 2 Senior Project Officers
- Institutul de Instruire în Dezvoltare „MilleniuM” caută psiholog/ ă
- Social Cohesion Project Manager - HEKS/EPER Moldova
- CRS Moldova is hiring Senior Project Officer Small Repairs
- UN House Receptionist (NPSA-4) - Common Services Account Project UN House
- UNICEF Moldova: National Individual Consultancy 'Engineer for Barnahus-type services'
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult principal al Direcției rezoluție bancară
- Project Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project