Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
All NRC employees are expected to work by the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The ICT Officer is responsible for the overall establishment and implementation of NRC Information & Communication Technology systems and procedures. S/He will assist in the day-to-day management of IT functions, ensuring the proper functioning of LAN, Server, E-mail system, and internet connectivity. S/He will provide timely end-user computer support, ensure that Hardware, printers, and software resources are available and that the office is comply with NRC ICT policies, rules, and procedures.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to the plan of action;
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management;
- Ensure proper filing of documents;
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function;
- Proactively make relevant infrastructure changes for the best performance of ICT platforms, software and services according to NRC global standards;
- Implementation of changes in the systems infrastructure established by the regional and/or global ICT team, in processes of development of new ICT tools and continuous improvement of existing ones;
- Provide training to NRC staff (ongoing inductions and trainings for better use and appropriation of ICT tools relevant to NRC);
- Software license management and NRC platforms in Area Office/s;
- Manage, scalate and resolve incidents and requests reported through the help desk tool (Freshsevice).
- Provide NRC Moldova Country office and area offices support for telecommunication equipment Internet Network, satellite, etc) according to NRC ICT Standards;
- Installation, configuration and update of institutional software tools, email (outlook), Office365, Okta, Agresso, Onedrive, Antivirus, etc.;
- The ICT Officer will oversee the staff support, ICT Policy compliance, hardware/software including troubleshooting for the smooth running of business operation of the Area Office and Field offices under his responsibility;
- Ensure performance monitoring of Internet links to the assigned Area and field offices;
- Provide proactive and responsive support to all end-users including field offices using the helpdesk global solution (Fresh Service);
- Report ICT equipment breakdowns and difficulties encountered in the resolution of incidents;
- Ensure delivery of NRC standar applications setup and troubleshooting issues and webmail access;
- Ensure preventive maintenance of computers, laptops, printers, networks and any ICT related equipment according to the policies in place and after consultation with the Support manager;
- Installing network stadndar Cisco Meraki equipment in all the area office;
- Manage the Local Area Network (LAN) and the Wireless Local Area Network, with aim of optimal performance of the network infrastructure for Internet connections (fibre, radio, VSAT), access to cloud applications, data storage, and backup on the Cloud (Office 365), Cisco Meraki networks, UPS and backup power systems, security of ICT installations (air conditioning, electricity, physical access), desktop computers and laptops, smartphones, software, and mobile applications;
- Send the monthly reports and report any up normality on Network usage;
- Provide ICT related Technical support to the All NRC staff in the mission,at all locations;
- Ensure sharepoint Team sites storage functioning and access rights management at the Area Office level.
- Provide support and training for all NRC staff in the use of NRC ICT systems;
- Maintain filing tree SOP, support NRC archive scanning process;
- Ensure proper management of the NRC ICT equipment and manage ICT laptops in the management equipment global solution. (Intune pilot);
- Management of warranties with authorized service centers for computer and office equipment;
- Training of NRC staff to achieve the appropriation of technological tools and their correct use;
- Management of software licenses and cloud services to optimize the use of NRC resources and ensure their renewal;
- Management of user accounts to ensure access to institutional tools;
- Support in ICT relevant budget preparation;
- Support with implementation of procedures and tools to ensure information security within NRC;
- Advice on ICT equipment purchases according to ICT standards and policies.
- Other assigned tasks that are related to the management of information systems.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- NRC staff
- Account Management, Infrastructure and Global Applications: NO ICT
- ICT Asset Management: Logistics
- University degree in Systems Engineering, Software, Computer Science, Computer Science or similar.
Competencies generic for this position:
- Experience working in similar positions in the context of humanitarian aid;
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Verifiable experience related to the responsibilities of the position;
- Fluency in Romanian and English;
- Previous experience in humanitarian negotiations is considered a strong asset.
Competencies specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the ICT field including significant experience in PowerBI and data visualization is and asset;
- Knowledge of network equipment management (LAN/WAN network administration, troubleshooting and monitoring);
- Experience in internal customer service and training of end-users;
- Knowledge of other scripting languages;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform especially in PowerApps, Power Automate, and Sharepoint will be is desirable;
- Strong knowledge of Software development life cycle and implementation methods.
- Strong context monitoring and analytical skills;
- Strong networking and negotiations skills;
- Resilience and ability to work in insecure environments;
- Strategic thinking;
- Ability to empower and build trust.
Salary: 29521 lei brut
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Officer Moldova Chisinau - NRC NORCAP Careers Careers (oraclecloud.com)
Apply Before 03/13/2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Centrul Clasa Viitorului recrutează doi profesori de limbă engleză
- Communications Officer
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal domeniul cooperării tehnice externe
- UNDP Moldova: Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- UN Women - National Consultant to support private sector companies to implement Women’s Empowerment Principles: Equality Means Business
- UNDP Moldova: Communication Analyst (NPSA8) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- CRS Moldova is hiring Accountability Manager
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova: Building sustainable and inclusive peace, strengthening trust and social cohesion in Moldova
- Alătură-te echipei Technovator