NDI/Moldova is announcing a job vacancy for the position of program assistant/associate. NDI welcomes all applicants, regardless of experience, age, gender or any other criteria. NDI offers a flexible working environment, a mission-driven programmatic experience in democratic development, and a competitive compensation package, with additional employee benefits (i.e., private health insurance, English language training courses).
Early applications are welcome. NDI will invite shortlisted applicants for interviews on a continuous basis. Please submit a recent CV and a letter of interest, in English, outlining your experience, interest in democratic development and abilities to organize a busy program. NDI prefers that CVs are written in a simple format, with a maximum of 2 pages. Please do not submit Europass CVs and avoid sending a photo.
Application deadline: March 20, 2023. Early applications are welcome. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Position title: Program Assistant/Associate
Supervisor: The jobholder report will report directly to the Operations Manager and Program Department Manager.
Overall Summary: The Program Assistant/Associate is responsible for ensuring, from the organizing side, the smooth carrying out of all activities under the projects they are assigned to. They are also responsible for data collection, as directed by the Program Department Manager and/or M&E Manager. NDI Moldova maintains and enacts high standards of non-partisanship and neutrality and expects its employees to demonstrate the ability to remain neutral in all professional manifestations and in all their public communication. NDI expects its employees to demonstrate a proactive attitude and a desire and ability to learn continuously.
Work format: Mainly office work, with the possibility of a hybrid format as indicated by the Operations Manager and the Program Department Manager, in line with NDI Moldova guidelines, wherever available. Occasional field travel is possible, both as a job requirement and as a development opportunity. The work may include occasional evening and weekend assignments. An average of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, is expected for a full time position.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Keep up-to-date NDI’s program calendars by populating them with events, according to the needs of the programs;
- Perform administrative tasks such as scanning, photocopying and filing;
- Prepare and print all necessary materials for trainings, workshops and other events as assigned;
- Take minutes during meetings as assigned; demonstrate proactive attitude in clarifying decisions made during meetings, and show interest in and understanding of program activities;
- Ensure logistical support for events: identifying and booking venues and accommodation, preparing coffee breaks, making meals arrangements, ensuring transportation or reimbursement of transportation costs for participants, confirming participation of invitees as necessary, and other related tasks as assigned by Operations or Program manager;
- Prepare supporting documentation for program events (meeting forms, supply request forms, procurement forms, hotel forms, Travel Authorisations, etc).
- Ensure the trainers’ and organizers’ transportation needs are met;
- Assist with maintaining communication with the program beneficiaries and other stakeholders, with guidance from supervisors;
- Support study visits abroad and assist with delegations visiting Moldova, as required, including logistics, interpretation, written translation, and other relevant tasks;
- Contribute to data collection for monitoring and evaluation purposes, to ensure an evidence-based reporting, by continuously updating NDI’s databases; contribute to data collection for HR management and Accounting & Admin department, as directed by the relevant Manager;
- Complete basic research and analysis assignments and provide summarized findings in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
- Translate necessary documents/press articles into English and or/Romanian, and occasionally Russian;
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence, collect and prepare the necessary information for reply or action, and draft responses;
- Participate in internal meetings to develop and maintain a knowledge of program objectives and work progress, and demonstrate this understanding in the execution and completion of assigned work;
- Adhere to NDI’s organizational values, standards of conduct, policies and processes, and any other established expectations for NDI employees, including those related to performance;
- Perform other tasks relevant to the well-functioning of the program as requested by senior program staff or management.
Languages: Good command of English is preferred but not required - English language training courses will be offered to successful candidates. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in Romanian are essential.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de legislație bancară
- NRC Moldova is looking for Information Management Technical Officer
- Peace Corps: Security Guard
- Extended Deadline: Finance Officer, DRL-funded Program
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/EU Confidence Building Measures Programme (EU CBM V)
- Project Associate - OHCHR component of the Building sustainable and inclusive peace, strengthening trust and social cohesion in Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office
- Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is hiring GCF Expert
- Concordia Social Projects is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified international MEAL consultant