Nathan Associates Inc. is hiring an Strategic Policy Expert
USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA)
SCOPE OF WORK
Position: Strategic Policy Expert
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: March – July 2023
Total Level of Effort: up to 45 days
Work Plan Activity: Task 3.2.1 Expanded Financial Services with Investment Products
(Sub-task 184.108.40.206 Develop the national financial literacy strategy)
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reform Activity (MISRA) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Nathan Associates Inc. MISRA’s objective is to stimulate a sustainable and inclusive recovery from the regional crisis, improve the institutional, business, and trade enabling environment in Moldova by supporting Moldova’s public institutions and the private sector to accelerate the implementation of trade liberalization mechanisms, adopt structural and investment climate reforms, accelerate financial sector reforms, improve economic governance in the public sector, and enhance strategic communications between the private and public actors. MISRA builds on prior and ongoing USAID and US Government activities in the business enabling environment and trade facilitation space to strengthen Moldova’s economic growth and resilience, and by doing so, increase transparency and accountability.
This activity will be implemented under USAID MISRA’s Component 3, Accelerate Financial Sector Reforms and Inclusion. This component focuses on governance, inclusion, and digital finance, with the objective of supporting development of an inclusive financial sector and supporting infrastructure to enhance efficiency, transparency, and resilience in the financial sector.
A significant rise in the population’s levels of indebtedness over the past few years has raised concerns among financial sector regulators. In the first part of 2022, the National Bank of Moldova (NBM) and National Commission for Financial Markets (NCFM) approved regulations for responsible lending to help prevent excessive indebtedness. An elevated financial literacy level among the public is arguably one of the best measures for helping the population to avoid reckless financial behavior. Hence, the financial sector stakeholders, led by the NBM, are determined to develop the first national financial literacy policy document (strategy) and related action plan. MISRA will work with the NBM, NCFM, Ministry of Economy (MOE), and Ministry of Finance (MOF) to develop the first draft of the policy document. Strong cooperation with the Strategic Communications Team, under MISRA’s Component 4, as well as other relevant activities under Component 3 will be key to effective completion of this sub-task.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Engage with relevant government stakeholders (and private sector players, if necessary) to scope and objectives of the national financial literacy policy document
- Conduct a comparative analysis of successful national financial literacy policy documents in other countries, comparable to Moldova
- Organize a participatory and co-creative process for drafting the national financial literacy policy document
- Develop a comprehensive national financial literacy policy document and related workplan in cooperation with the international STTA and the project team
- Cooperate with other activities of the project, relevant for the financial literacy strategy, such as: the grant program for the financial literacy campaign, comprehensive overview of the consumer protection framework (including policy recommendations) etc.
- Initiate the participatory process for drafting the national financial literacy policy document, by March 30, 2023
- Draft of the national financial literacy policy document, by April 15, 2023
- Draft of the action plan related to the national financial literacy policy document, by April 30, 2023
- Support the NBM and other public authorities in the public discussion process, by July 31, 2023
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree Law, Finance or Public Policy
- Ten or more years of professional experience in government, financial markets, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in developing national strategic documents
- Previous experience in financial literacy activities will be considered an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to interact with government counterparts mentioned in this SOW
- Experience working with USAID and/or other international donors preferred
The Strategic Policy Expert will report to the Financial Sector Specialist and the Lead within the Financial Sector Reforms Component.
How to Apply
Please send your CV to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com. Please apply by March 6, with “Financial Literacy” in the subject line.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNDP Moldova: Procurement Associate (NPSA7) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- Cerere de ofertă pentru identificarea unui consultant (persoană fizică) specializat în implicare civică și monitorizare bugete
- CRS Moldova is hiring Senior Partnership Support/Grants Manager
- Termen extins: CNPAC angajează Ofițer de proiect – entry-level
- Call for expression of interest Secretariat staff – Commission 2 vetting - Moldova
- Project Assistant at the Alliance of Small and Medium Enterprises from Moldova
- EcoContact: International Legal Expert to provide support in development of the Guideline on Appropriate Assessment of Habitats Directive
- Programme Assistant The International Committee Of The Red Cross Organisation
- Country Director, HIAS Moldova
- Concurs de angajare asistent/ă contabil-șef