UNFPA Moldova: Programme Analyst/Project Coordinator, NO-A, Chisinau, Moldova, TA
Under the overall guidance and the direct supervision of the UNFPA Emergency Coordinator and in close coordination with the GBV program coordinator and the SRH Programme Analysts, including the operations staff in the Moldova Country Office, the Project Coordinator contributes to the effective and efficient implementation of UNFPA interventions of the “Improving access to life-saving Health and Gender-based Violence (GBV) response services for Ukrainian Refugees and vulnerable host communities" Project under the humanitarian response supported by ECHO.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA Moldova is actively involved in the humanitarian refugee response to the Ukrainian crises, supporting provision of reproductive and maternal health services, Gender-Based Violence prevention and response and psychosocial support, referral assistance with focus on refugee girls, women and young people.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Working within the Moldova Country Office (CO) environment, you will support the effective and efficient implementation of UNFPA interventions of the “Improving access to life-saving Health and Gender-based Violence (GBV) response services for Ukrainian Refugees and vulnerable host communities" Project funded by ECHO.
Through this project UNFPA will focus on:
- filling urgent gaps in Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care (EmONC) assistance in communities where there is a greater concentration of refugees and are located at a greater distance from Chisinau, respectively, the transfer of the patient requires a longer time,
- support strengthening the capacities and increasing accessibility to youth friendly health services to reach out to adolescents’ refugees and Moldovan youth. The country has a network of 41 static youth friendly clinics, making the Youth Klinic Moldova network.
- strengthen the prevention and response to GBV and empower survivors, including refugees, to claim their rights and benefit from gender-responsive and human rights-oriented services,
- support the well-functioning of the network of UNFPA static and mobile Orange Safe Spaces to provide support to survivors of GBV and groups at risk,
- strengthening GBV case management services including CASH support for survivors of GBV and groups at risk of GBV,
- enhance the localization approach through supporting women-led organizations to conduct outreach activities on GBV and promote social cohesion by forming women committees from the refugees and host community,
- Support the GBV coordination efforts through working closely with the GBV Sub-Working of the Refugee Coordination forum on capacity building, mapping of services and strengthening of GBV support services for refugees and host communities.
The Project Coordinator will be leading day-to-day management, including financial and administrative coordination of the project. The primary responsibility of the project coordinator is to ensure that the project produces the results specified in the project documents, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Project Coordinator should ensure alignment of the project activities with UNFPA strategic work at national level and EU requirements as per signed agreement. You will assist in monitoring results achieved during implementation, guiding the appropriate application of systems and procedures, and developing enhancements as required.
You would be responsible for:
- Liaise with the ECHO technical level focal points to ensure coordination and efficient implementation of planned activities.
- Participating in the formulation of the humanitarian response programmatic interventions and components of emergency projects, by compiling and analysing information relevant to the UNFPA’s role in the country, drafting project documents and work plans; and preparing tables and statistical data.
- Connecting UNFPA development programmes on GBV and SRH with humanitarian response for effective and efficient project delivery. Management of the new and existing implementing partners and work plans.
- Evaluating project and programme activities, establishing ways to systematically assess achievement and recommending corrective action as required; conducting field assessment visits; participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports, ensure the reflection of the project activities, timing, sequencing, cost and other outputs as per the ECHO project proposal, budget and action plan;
- Establishing collaborative relationships with development partners, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of programme.
- Assisting in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, sharing these with management for future planning.
- Assisting in advocacy and resource mobilisation efforts of the CO, by establishing and maintaining a network of donor and public information contacts. Assisting with organising and conducting donor meetings and public information events, including preparing relevant background material for these events.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in health, population, gender, demography and/or other related social science discipline.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Up to two years of professional experience in programme/ project management, and development activities, with experience in humanitarian field is desirable.
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, or sign language would be an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda,
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships,
- Delivering results-based programmes,
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
The United Nations Organization is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, refugees and other noncitizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply on-line for this position and read more detailed information, please visit:
Applications for this position must be received by 8 February 2023, 7 A.M. (Eastern Time Zone)
Alte anunturi de angajare
- People in Need в поиске Координатора Детского Центра (Окница)
- Procurement Specialist (IOM Moldova/EUBAM)
- Fundația Tony Hawks Centru angajează Kinetoterapeut/Kinetoterapeută
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza specialist dezvoltare servicii sociale
- Terms of reference for the selection of media specialists to implement a training programme in the field of combating disinformation and false news
- Management Systems International is hiring for Program Development Officer
- Termen extins! Consiliul Național al Tineretului din Moldova recrutează expert pentru elaborarea Strategiei raionale/locale pentru dezvoltarea sectorului de tineret în raionul Orhei
- AO ”Părinți Solidari” angajează expert/ expertă în acordarea suportului informațional părinților în domeniul anticorupției
- DGPDC angajează îngrijitor/ îngrijitoare de încăperi de producție și de serviciu în cadrul Serviciului ,,Centrul maternal de plasament pentru cuplul mamă-copil”
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă