Council of Europe Office in Chișinău is hiring Senior Project Officer
Are you motivated, organised and with an eye for details? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you to work within social right sector, in particular related to employment rights of persons from vulnerable groups, vocational education and training.
As a Senior Project Officer you will be required to perform the following tasks in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines, and priorities with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- Plans, organises, co-ordinates, implements and follows up on project activities in accordance with the project workplan and calendar of activities, in close co-ordination with the project team in Chișinău and in headquarters (HQ) and in co-operation with local partners and stakeholders; reports problems encountered; suggests priorities and adjustments as necessary;
- Establishes and develops effective contacts and liaises with local stakeholders, project consultants and other relevant actors as regards the implementation of project activities;
- Contributes to the efficient functioning of the Council of Europe Office in Chișinău and informs regularly the Head of the Office and Deputy Head of Office in Chișinău about the implementation of the Project and co-ordinates his/her work within the broader framework of the overall activities of the Council of Europe Office in Chișinău;
- Advises and briefs the management in HQ on the progress of the project implementation and other project-related issues;
- Assists in the event of an evaluation or audit of the project;
- Ensures quality and relevance of project outputs, suggests adjustments as necessary;
- Drafts and provides elements to all project related reports (activity and progress reports, mission reports, information notes, briefings, contributions, etc.) within set deadlines;
- Contributes to raising the visibility of the project by drafting web news items and press releases, by disseminating information and by providing advice and input on publications, in line with the project’s Communication and Visibility Plan.
- Co-ordinates and contributes to financial, administrative and technical implementation of the project and ensures close budgetary follow-up of all project expenditures, in accordance with regulations, procedures and donor requirements;
- Liaise with local and international short-term consultants, selects local service providers and negotiates contracts in consultation with HQ;
- Undertakes official journeys in connection with the project activities;
- Performs any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested;
- Promote the Council of Europe values internally and externally.
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a University degree in political or social sciences, law, international relations or a related field;
- have a minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience in management of technical assistance projects focusing on the protection of human rights, or at least 3 years of experience in public sector institutions working in relevant fields;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and excellent knowledge of one of the Council of Europe’s official languages – English;
- be a citizen of one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Professional and technical expertise:
- knowledge and understanding of the Council of Europe standards in the area of human and social rights;
- proven experience in project management and implementation of technical co-operation or policy-oriented projects;
- knowledge of project management tools (Project Management Methodology, logframes, etc.);
- experience in working with governmental institutions, or civil society on projects and programmes related to social rights, or human rights or related fields;
- knowledge of the overall political and social situation in Europe, in particular in the Republic of Moldova;
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentations, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications).
- Planning and work organisation
- Analysis and problem solving.
Deadline for applications is 21 February 2023 (midnight French time). Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system. By connecting to our website www.coe.int/jobs. you can create and submit your online application. Please fill out the online application form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill in an application form, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
For more details please click here
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNDP Moldova: Project Associate (NPSA7) - Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM) Project
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de inginer coordonator în domeniul administrare infrastructură TIC
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic in Comrat
- Cerere de ofertă - identificarea consultanților (persoane fizice) pentru prestarea serviciilor analitice
- Asistent medical în servicii de îngrijire paliativă
- GEO Operations Consultant at Safeguard Global
- Centrul Universitar de Simulare în Instruirea Medicală (CUSIM) angajează secretară-asistent
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, statistica investițiilor directe
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (TA, 364 days)_for Moldova nationals only