People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest reliefs and development organizations in post-communist Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 30 years. See here for more information about PIN: www.peopleinneed.net.
From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work. Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
This position aims to ensure smooth implementation through enabling and well-functioning work environment. The Logistics Assistant (LA) is mainly responsible for coordinating the daily plans of PIN fleet to ensure the activities of PIN Moldova are efficient and fully functioning in the field and the city. S/he also supports Logistic and Procurement Manager in following up and monitoring of maintenance needs of PIN premises and infrastructure, PIN equipment/assets, and monitoring the supply needs.
- Responsible for proper archiving of all logistics related docs in both hard copies the same as soft copies in ELO system.
- Responsible for the usage of PIN fleet, coordinates and assigns drivers to requests via the movement planner system on weekly/daily basis.
- Ensures and crosschecks offices and guesthouses conditions in Chisinau on monthly basis, reporting any anomalies or problems to line manager, helps to evaluate rehabilitation/repair needs.
- Coordinates items delivery with the field team, including materials for donation in stock or transit (stock cards, Goods Received Note (GRN), Goods Delivery Note (GDN), Purchase Order (PO), Supply Order (SO) and their archiving in hard in soft copies (ELO).
- Supports Logistic and Procurement Manager in coordination of goods delivery to distribution spots by Suppliers or to PIN warehouses and supports other PIN responsible person(s) in these tasks (programme team, field (operation) team).
- Junior position relevant also for freshly graduate person with good organisational skills and comunication skills
- enthusiastic and energetic
- driving licence B
- eager to learn and professionally develop
- English and Russian language will ensure smooth communication
- computer literacy
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English)
- Full CV (in English)
- Contacts of three references (could be included the supervisor in the most recent work assignment).
The above shall be sent to the following address: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/057E8AF0B9/apply/
Deadline for applications: December 15th, 2022, by COB.
The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis. Application process might be stopped earlier if a suitable candidate will be identified before the application deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
By sending their CV and other documents to the aforementioned link the candidate implicitly consents to their personal data appearing in the CV and such other documents being held and processed by PIN exclusively with the view to analysing the candidate’s suitability for the position, and to keeping such data in our files for a reasonable period of time in accordance with the PIN's Data Protection Policy. The candidate can revoke such consent anytime by sending an according notice. Kindly refrain from including any special personal data, whose processing, as per applicable law, requires the express written consent of the subject of such data.