NDI/Moldova is announcing a job vacancy for Senior Program Assistant for its multi-year Parliamentary and Civic programs. NDI welcomes all applicants, regardless of experience, age, gender or any other criteria. NDI offers mission-driven programmatic experience in democratic development and a competitive compensation package, with additional employee benefits (i.e., private health insurance). Successful applicants must demonstrate a proactive attitude and a willingness and ability to learn continuously.
Please submit a recent CV and a letter of interest, in English, outlining your interest in democratic development and experience in program design, analysis and implementation.
The letter of interest is an important part of the application package and must be an original written statement of motivation, experience and vision relevant to the advertised position. A demonstrated interest in democracy, civic and political participation - is of key relevance for the success of a candidate.
NDI prefers that CVs are written in a simple format, with a maximum of 2 pages, containing information and experience relevant to the job description. Please do not submit Europass CVs and avoid sending a photo.
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Application deadline: December 9, 2022. Early applications are welcome. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Position title: Senior Program Assistant
Supervisor: The jobholder reports directly to the relevant Program Department Managers
Work format: Mainly office work, with the possibility of a hybrid format as indicated by the Program Department Manager, in line with NDI Moldova guidelines, wherever available. Occasional field travel is possible, both as a job requirement and as a development opportunity. The work may include occasional evening and weekend assignments. An average of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, are expected for a full time position.
The National Democratic Institute in Moldova (NDI Moldova) seeks to hire a Senior Program Assistant with strong analytical, research, organizational, and interpersonal skills to join the programmatic team. The Senior Program Assistant will support the implementation of democratic development programs and activities in Moldova. The position offers professional growth opportunities, reliant on the previous experience and on-the-job performance of the successful candidate. A demonstrated interest in democratic development, citizen engagement, politics, and media, is of utmost importance.
- Proactively assist with the execution of programs and plans by performing programmatic and occasionally administrative assignments in accordance with established expectations and timelines; provide close oversight of all aspects of daily operations of the program, under the direction of the Program Manager;
- Maintain regular and efficient internal communication within the relevant program team;
- Provide programmatic assistance to civic organizers, trainers or mentors, as needed; develop and maintain relationships and communication with local civic groups or other partners and beneficiaries, according to the needs of the specific department;
- Contribute to program design and implementation, with guidance from the Department Program Manager and program development team; provide assistance in the implementation of the relevant program, including training and the preparation of presentations;
- Support the program planning process and update activity plans and resources planning for the relevant program;
- Complete, with limited guidance, basic research and analysis assignments and provide summarized findings in a clear, concise and understandable manner, with objectives, relevant facts, data, and conclusions presented as required; support data analysis and data visualizations, under the direction of the Program Manager;
- Draft materials for dissemination to internal and external audiences, including donors and other key program partners, ensuring proper and accurate formatting, spelling, and grammar usage as well as inclusion of required content;
- Draft letters, program agendas and memos; proofread and edit program materials and documents for accuracy as needed;
- Serve as the point of contact for NDI partner organizations and vendors;
- Support the planning and organization of events and meetings with relevant partners and stakeholders and provide onsite support;
- Contribute substantially and timely to all NDI internal reporting needs, by drafting summaries, monthly reports, answering clarifying questions on all reports, providing illustrative examples and visuals, and other reporting tasks as assigned by Department and MEL Managers, Head of Programs, Country or Deputy Country Director.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as needed;
- Actively seek and engage in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge in project/program management, and maintain a general working knowledge of relevant program trends and issues occurring external to NDI;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Adhere to NDI’s organizational values, standards of conduct, policies and processes, and any other established expectations for NDI employees, including those related to performance, i.e. goals and position description responsibilities.
- Undergraduate or Master’s studies, preferably in Social Sciences, Political/Behavioral Science, International Development, Media or Communication Studies, Gender Studies, Economy, Sociology, Data Science or other relevant fields.
- Relevant experience working in areas related to civic engagement, policy analysis, governance, media or other related fields; work experience in democratic development will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in analyzing and compiling information;
- Experience in organizing public events;
- Experience in media analysis, civic monitoring or other related civic experience will be considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international organization is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Romanian. Excellent English writing skills are required.
Knowledge and skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite tools required (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms); good knowledge of Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 is acceptable as a transition to Google tools.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret information and draw key conclusions;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate and tactfully liaise with a wide range of partners at all levels;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Time management, organization, judgment skills, to ensure ability to balance competing priorities successfully, and to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Self-motivation and ability to work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team is of utmost importance.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm, with an hour-long lunch break. The job holder will complete occasional weekend and evening assignments.