UNITED NATIONS - WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Current opening is based in Chisinau, Moldova. This VA may be used as a roster to fill in similar positions in Moldova.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply to this position. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis gender, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Since the beginning of the Ukraine refugee crisis in February 2022, WFP set up operations in Moldova to assist in the refugee response. To respond to the deepening vulnerabilities of the crisis-affected populations and to strengthen the government shock-responsive capacity, WFP has drafted a Transitional Interim Country Strategic Plan (T-ICSP), which outlines the activities in the country for the next year (September 2022 – August 2023).
The job holder based in Chisinau and reports to the Programme Policy Officer under the programme operations technical team.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. They work under supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
This role requires the applicant to perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Perform specialized and/or standardised processes and activities within the specific technical area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide project management and/or general office support following established targets and WFP's policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) in order to support operational decision-making.
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. food security and vulnerability assessments) following corporate standards and guidelines.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Raise monthly and timely commitments on SAP (WINGS) for various Cash-Based Transfers activities and program implementation, such as Cash for beneficiaries & partner expenditures.
- Perform any other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Completion of Secondary School certification. Post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Minimum two years of relevant work experience.
Fluency (level C) in English and Romanian languages and/or in one of official UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish). Knowledge of Ukrainian language is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Type of Contract: Service Contract SC5
Duty Station (City, Country): Chisinau, Moldova.
Duration: 12 months.
Application deadline: 06 December 2022