Are you motivated, organised and with an eye for details? Would you like to contribute to the activities of an International Organisation working for human rights, democracy and the rule of law? Are you interested in contributing to the promotion of freedom of expression and media? If so, our job offer may be the right opportunity for you.
The Council of Europe Project on “Support for Media Pluralism and Freedom of Expression in the Republic of Moldova” aims to strengthen media pluralism, the regulatory framework in the field of the Audiovisual and access to information and ensure an independent and professional public broadcaster committed to neutrality - essential pillars for fulfilling the country’s democratic reforms agenda. In this respect, the Project is working towards the improvement of the existing legal framework relevant to freedom of expression and media pluralism in the Republic of Moldova, improved implementation of the Audiovisual Media Service Code, assistance to the National Public Broadcaster in the improvement of their editorial policies, diversification of its content; and improvement of the existing legal framework related to access to information.
As a Project Assistant you will:
- assist in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the project’s activities, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- ensure the administrative and financial assistance and the organisational support for the project’s implementation;
- carry out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events;
- follow up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organise travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the project’s needs; deal with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- process purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements;
- process and draft correspondence, memos, documents, presentations and assist in preparing reports;
- proofread and correct linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; translate documents and texts related to project activities from/to English; check translations; organise the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- receive, review and dispatch incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- record, maintain and update a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- work in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of project activities;
- report to the supervisor on activities in progress and informs of any problems encountered;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and project management;
- carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the project implementation;
- promote Council of Europe values internally and externally.
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies;
- have a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience relating to administrative tasks (in public or private spheres) or project implementation support duties or similar duties implemented in private/public companies;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe’s official languages (English or French);
- be a citizen of one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe;
- be under 65 years of age at the closing date of this vacancy notice.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
- Professional and technical expertise:
- Proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- General knowledge and understanding of the activities of the Council of Europe;
- General knowledge and understanding of international co-operation activities;
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentation software, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications);
- Planning and work organisation:
- Analysis and problem solving
- Concern for quality
- Service orientation
- Teamwork and co-operation
Deadline for applications is 1 December 2022 (midnight French time). Applications must be made in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system. By connecting to our website www.coe.int/jobs you can create and submit your online application. Please fill out the online application form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill in an application form, so please take this information into consideration while applying.