UNDP Moldova: Extended Deadline: Finance/Administrative Associate UNDP Moldova Country Office (NPSA-6)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Operations Unit provides a variety of services to other Units in the Country Office, to UNDP development projects and to other UN Agencies. Additionally, in 2019, the Operations Unit coordinates and contributes to implementation of several complex cross-sectorial and business innovation initiatives: finalization of the “UNDAF innovation facility project on Diversity”, improving the physical accessibility of the UN House, and mainstreaming diversity and accessibility principles into programme and operations; energy saving and greening initiatives based on recommendations of the building Energy Audit; reorganization and digitalizing of CO archive and development of procedures and tools for internal documents’ workflows; other initiatives for improving the working environment and address staff well-being issues.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Finance Unit the incumbent assists in the effective and efficient provision of services to projects and UN Agencies. Finance Administrative Associate applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Finance Administrative Associate works in close collaboration with the Programme, Operations, Communications and project teams in the Country Office (CO) for effective achievement of results, anticipating and contributing to resolving complex programme/project-related issues and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, internal SOPs, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
Direct supervisor: Finance Associate/Head of Finance Unit
Finance Administrative Associate, under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance Unit/CO, and overall coordination of the Operations Manager, will ensure effective execution of financial services and processes in CO and transparent utilization of financial resources. Finance Administrative Associate will promote a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent supports CO to provide services of financial and administrative type to projects and UN agencies based on long-term arrangements or ad-hoc requests:
Prepare requests for direct payments;
Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
Prepare proposals for budget revisions for UN RC Office, UNDSS project and Country Office;
Prepare and submit expenditure and project budget status reports for UN RC Office, UNDSS project and Country Office;
Ensure proper control of the supporting documents for payments and their compliance with established procedures and regulations;
Prepare all types of vouchers for development, management projects and on-behalf of Atlas and non-Atlas Agencies;
Respond to queries with respect to financial aspects and follow up any questionable finance related issues with UNall;
Provide support for timely preparation and clean-up of cost-recovery information for services provided by UNDP. Proper clean-up, sorting and compilation of reports for efficient cost recovery;
Provide support to Finance Associate on timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers and reversal of charges, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
Assist internal and external auditing of management and development projects;
Prepare bank payment orders; when needed, print voucher packages;
Provide support to Finance Unit for preparing financial reports.
Administrative and travel management
Provide support to projects’ requests on administrative related issues;
Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day project implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and project work-plans;
Make pertinent logistical arrangements for events organized by projects, CO and UN agencies;
Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files and records, where applicable;
Provide support for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
Create and manage e-requisitions in ATLAS;
Provide services of travel administration (organizing travel, procuring tickets, preparing requests for travel and processing travel claims);
Advise and assist staff, international advisors and national consultants on all aspects of allowances, travel claims and other financial matters and calculate payments due for claims and services;
Prepare and submit proposals for annual DSA review;
Respond to queries from the beneficiary institution, donor and UNDP with respect to travel aspects and external auditors wherever required;
Prepare recurring travel reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
Monitor Travel and Expense Dashboard and follow up on pending claims, tickets and cash advances;
Provide on the job related induction briefing for newcomers;
Maintain proper filing system for travel records and documents.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
Thematic Area Name Definition
Business Management Results-based Management Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results
Business Management Working with Evidence and Data Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Business Management Communication Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media and other appropriate channels.
Administration & Operations Events management (including retreats, trainings and meetings) Ability to manage events, including venue identification, accommodation, logistics, catering, transportation, and cash disbursements, etc
Administration & Operations Travel contract management Knowledge of policy and procedures related to contract management, incl. oversight of the Long Term Agreement (LTA) with the Travel Management Services (TMS) provider; UN airline agreement management covering all major and rail providers; ability to negotiate airline discounts
Finance Budget management Ability to support budgetary aspects of work planning process, drawing and management of team budgets
Finance Accounting (General) Knowledge of accounting concepts, principles, frameworks, standards, regulations, policies and trends, and ability to apply this to strategic and/or practical situations
Required Skills and Experience
Min. Academic Education
• Secondary Education.
• University Degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field would be desired.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
• At least six (6) years of experience (with Secondary Education) or three (3) years of experience (with University Degree) in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required.
• Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage.
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling web-based management systems.
Required skills and competencies Corporate Competencies:
• Demonstrates commitment to UNDP mission, vision and values.
• Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures. Familiarity with the internal control framework and results-based management tools is a must.
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, age sensitivity and adaptability
Desired additional skills and competencies
• Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
Required Language(s) (at working level)
• Fluency in oral and written English and Romanian.
• Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Russian, Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is an asset.
Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Vacancy End Date: 10 Novemebr 2022
To apply please address the link: https://bit.ly/3RTnDJu
Alte anunturi de angajare
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a temporary Consular Assistant
- Protection (psychosocial) Officer- IsraAID Moldova
- Acted is hiring Administration Officer (FLAT Officer)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult principal al departamentului sisteme de plăți
- APSCF termen extins pentru selectarea unui expert/trainer pentru acordarea serviciilor de asistență tehnică (mentorat/ coaching) pentru societatea civilă
- Plan International is hiring Child Protection Officer based in Moldova
- Termeni de referință privind selectarea unui expert/experți/ONG în vederea realizării unei studiu asupra modului în care cele mai influente instituții media din Republica Moldova reflectă problemele interne și externe, care afectează societatea
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal domeniul supravegherea și monitorizarea sistemelor și instrumentelor de plată
- Project Assistant, Communications (IOM)
- Expert Reglementări și Achiziții de Energie